FREE training opportunities for Individual Employers and PAs/carers

As of September, Disability Sheffield will be holding a number of free training sessions that have been specially selected for both existing and potential Individual Employers and Personal Assistants alike.

These will be:

- Disability Equality.

- New workplace pension requirements for individual employers.

- Assessments and the new Care Act.

- Employment Rights.

- Restraints: What does it mean for individual employers?

- HMRC webinar sessions.

The first training session is the extremely insightful Disability Equality Training. Created for people both with and without a disability, this training draws upon real experiences and examples to explore the language and legislation affecting stereotypes and issues faced by disabled people living in a non-disabled world.

This training is useful for individuals wanting a greater general understanding of Disability Equality in everyday life, and also for those seeking work or currently working within the social care sector.

The Disability Equality Training will take place at The Cirlce on the 21st of September between 11am and 3pm. We will also provide delegates with a free lunch. If you would like to book a space on this free training, please email [email protected]

Keep your eye out for confirmation of dates for the remainder of the training program. If you have any questions about any of the training available, please email [email protected]

In partnership with the Individual Employer and Personal Assistant Development Group, Disability Sheffield will be holding 8 short information sessions around the city in order for you to gain a greater understanding of the roles and responsibilities of being an individual employer, which will lead to improved practice within your workforce. The information sessions will increase your awareness of resources and training opportunities available to support you as an individual employer or PA in your respective role.

Dates for these sessions will be confirmed over the coming weeks, however if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch at [email protected]

A really useful training oppurtunity for anyone employing PA's or PA's :)

Looks brilliant - it is probably just what I need as I go about finding out if PA's are for me with the limited care package I have.

Looks brilliant - it is probably just what I need as I go about finding out if PA's are for me with the limited care package I have.

Hi there, I agree I think the majority of our sessions would be very useful to you! We are running a free training session next week on auto-enrolment pensions for those that employ their own PAs. If you are thinking of employing your own staff, this is something that might be worth looking into as it will apply to the majority of individual employers. This is being held at The Circle on Rockingham Lane on the 17th at 1:30.

Also, I am holding a very informal information session next week on the 19th at Centre in the Park for individual employers and PAs to find out what free training is available to them throughout Sheffield. From reading your post above, it sounds as though this may be useful to you to assist with your journey of getting started with your own PAs. This session will take place at Centre in the Park on the 19th at 1.30

I hope this information helps!