Seeking opinion on Avon

Get some sturdy grip-seal plastic bags and put a catalogue in each one, along with a clearly visible note (not folded inside the catalogue) saying who you are and when to leave the catalogue outside the front door because that's when you'll be back to collect it. Post the catalogue through all the letterboxes in your area, then make sure you do collect it on the stated day. Add a tick box to the note for people to tick if they want to continue receiving catalogues.

Many, perhaps most, folk will stick the catalogue in the recycling bin along with the rest of the junk mail. Nice people like me will leave it out for you with the appropriate box ticked (or not).

If you knock on the door, and I'm in, I'll ignore it, because I'm not expecting a call and you're likely interrupting my work or my dinner or an episode of The X-Files. Plus I'll be greatly annoyed because you've interupted my work/dinner/X-Files episode and thus I'll be likely to go elsewhere even if I did want to buy Avon products.

If you send me a party invitation addressed to me personally, that will annoy me even more because I've opted out of the open electoral roll to avoid such marketing.

Hi I've just started Avon also I've posted books n when I've collected them I've asked if they would like a book next time

If I want any Avon I prefer to buy directly from their website. I'm not a fan of getting brochures through the door, from Avon or Betterwear etc, they go straight in the bin.

Hi everyone,

I have just become an Avon Rep and wanted to see what people thought about the brochures that get popped through your letterbox.

Would you prefer it if an Avon Rep just popped a brochure through the door the first time and then see if you wanted to continue getting them? Or would you like to be asked if you wanted one first?

I am keen not to be just another sales person at the door and the last thing I would want to do would be pester people with unwanted brochures continuously. :)

I'd think, don't pester people.

You could try knocking, and introducing yourself (with a smile), and ask if you can leave a brochure, then they're free to choose if they want to place an order or not.

I'm guessing that personal contact (if done right), will get your more customers than just leaving a brochure.

I'd think, don't pester people.

You could try knocking, and introducing yourself (with a smile), and ask if you can leave a brochure, then they're free to choose if they want to place an order or not.

I'm guessing that personal contact (if done right), will get your more customers than just leaving a brochure.

I usually do it this way (not with avon) and find that even if you don't get an order from someone who takes a brochure that time you may in future. It gives the opportunity for those who won't look a chance to decline taking a brochure which can then be taken elsewhere to increase your chance of gaining a customer.

Some people I know get stuff from Avon and they prefer their agent to post it.

I have created a little Facebook page too...

What's wrong with a big Facebook page then Lucy xxx

The very best of luck...think of Avon as a 'distress purchase'; how many women do you know who ever go out without make up on LOL

Something the avon lady that posts the book through my door does is she puts a very short timescale of when she is returning for it... this makes me look straight away and put in an order (of course if I want one) if it sits there 2/3 weeks I just don't look!

The last book she dropped off she said she was returning in 5 days which gave me enough time to have a quick look through and to take into work for colleagues to look in.

*Good Luck*

If I catch them whilst they're posting them I give it straight back to them. It is frustrating that they don't seem to keep records of who likes it and who doesn't want it, do the people posting the booklets not have to pay for them out of their commission ?