Egotistical Google Experts

IS LITERALLY WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE VAST MAJORITY OF POSTERS ON HERE ..

Posters who reply to posts giving ''expert'' opinion from two minutes of reading it up on google.

Edited by Dyke

Posters who reply to posts giving ''expert'' opinion from two minutes of reading it up on google.

It's only 54.3%, hardly a VAST majority.

Googling something is no use if you don't know what you are searching for nor how to apply the results to a debate held on a forum like this. Google "information literacy" to gain some expertise in the field ;)

You mean like this character?...

Atheism ..

The belief there was once absolutely nothing and nothing happened to the nothing until the nothing magically exploded (for no reason) creating everything and everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded everything magically rearranged itself (for no reason whatsoever), into self-replicating bits which then turned in to dinosaurs .. and they mock your beliefs !!

...that was a copy/paste plagiarised straight from the internet. Also, grossly incorrect.

Read all the thread Rootsbooster .. You will come to where it says i only posted it in jest. You will also see that i don't even believe in the bible either. hahaha .. try and find something more damning

---------- Post added 15-08-2015 at 22:44 ----------

infact you participted quite alot in the thread.. so if it is nonsense then why reply to nonsense ?

---------- Post added 15-08-2015 at 22:45 ----------

143 views and only 3 posters reply

---------- Post added 15-08-2015 at 23:02 ----------

Anyway i can't be a Egotistical Google Expert because the title doesn't even exist so I will take the credit for the coining of ''Egotistical Google Expert''

Edited by Dyke

It's better to just give your personal experience of a topic and then leave the discussion.

Anyway i can't be a Egotistical Google Expert because the title doesn't even exist so I will take the credit for the coining of ''Egotistical Google Expert''

A bit egotistical, that!

And all Google experts egotistical, anyway?

Surely preferable to posters who state opinions or ideological dogma as facts without any citing any sources?

If I say something, I try to add a link that backs up what I say.

For example I often describe that mendacious píssweasel Tony Blair as a war criminal. Apparently the House of Lords thinks along similar lines [LINK]

(And no, I didn't need to Google "mendacious", I already know what it means.)

We know what you think of us - would you like to know what we think of you now ?

It's better to just give your personal experience of a topic and then leave the discussion.

In what way is that better than actually doing a minimal amount of research and finding out the facts? :huh:

No it isn't, that's rubbish.

In what way is that better than actually doing a minimal amount of research and finding out the facts? :huh:

No it isn't, that's rubbish.

Say two of the most argumentative posters on Sheffield Forum :hihi: