Making my 'for sale' house more appealing

It looks lovely :)

The only thing for me are the trees in the garden blocking out natural sun light. To do anything about it would cost some pennies and I can't tell if it's north/south facing but other than it it looks very well presented.

Oh, and a floor plan goes a long way - I always feel you get a better feel for one if you can see how all the spaces link together.....

We are waiting on the estate agents uploading the floor plans, then they're supposed to be putting it on premium listing too. I'm just about to email them to get them to hurry up about it :-P

The trees (I do love big trees) do create a bit of shade, but the garden still gets lots of sun.

Thank you for letting me know your opinion :D

We had a viewing yesterday (lovely, lovely people) and they seemed to like it, and we've got another on Monday, so hopefully it will sell

We are waiting on the estate agents uploading the floor plans, then they're supposed to be putting it on premium listing too. I'm just about to email them to get them to hurry up about it :-P

The trees (I do love big trees) do create a bit of shade, but the garden still gets lots of sun.

Thank you for letting me know your opinion :D

We had a viewing yesterday (lovely, lovely people) and they seemed to like it, and we've got another on Monday, so hopefully it will sell

So much for worrying about lack of viewings!

Your house is lovely and I don't think you will have any issues selling it. :)

So much for worrying about lack of viewings!

Your house is lovely and I don't think you will have any issues selling it. :)

:-D

We've got somebody coming around for a second viewing on Friday, I'm assuming that's a sign that they're genuinely interested? I'm not really sure what to expect from a second viewing....

Measure things up, see how their furniture will fit.

Get more detailed information, maybe on electrics, boiler and such.

Maybe they are planning on changing the layout, or doing some building work so want to get someone to take a quick look and give them an opinion or rough estimate.

We've received an offer of the full asking price and accepted :-D

Now I'm so, so nervous about the survey report :(

Excellent news.

Most buyers just have the homebuyers survey which is pretty basic and will only take the surveyor maybe an hour at the most.

It looks like a well maintained house so you should be ok.

:-D

We've got somebody coming around for a second viewing on Friday, I'm assuming that's a sign that they're genuinely interested? I'm not really sure what to expect from a second viewing....

I've done a few 2nd viewings myself. I just took more notice and looked in more detail. And yes, it meant I was seriously considering putting in an offer on the house.

You don't need to do anything different though.

---------- Post added 24-08-2015 at 09:40 ----------

We've received an offer of the full asking price and accepted :-D

Now I'm so, so nervous about the survey report :(

Good job, it's sold really quickly.

Excellent news.

Most buyers just have the homebuyers survey which is pretty basic** and will only take the surveyor maybe an hour at the most.

It looks like a well maintained house so you should be ok.

** Not so basic. It's effectively about halfway between:

a. a mortgage valuation (now, that is basic!); and

b. a full structural survey.