Need a vet that will do a payment plan for someone on benefits

Edited by callsaul

How awful for you. Have you spoken to Crooked as a few years ago they let me pay in stages when my dog had an emergency operation x

---------- Post added 11-08-2015 at 19:45 ----------

Just been reading some old posts, another dog owner had a similar problem st Springfield vets they ran around and a vets called Wakerley & Speed at Killamarsh were very obliging and much cheaper too, hope you can get help fir your dog xx

---------- Post added 11-08-2015 at 19:45 ----------

Crookes at hackenthorpe x

Try the dogs trust may give you some ideas regards and good luck

Edited by callsaul

It's terrible. Do you have anything you can pawn at all? I would do same as you th h x

Which vets do you use?

Also, if you don't mind me asking have they told you how much the operation will cost on Friday?

I admire you for putting your pets first - I'd do exactly the same as you and I wish more people felt the same.

Is is not possible to de-register one of the pets at the PDSA and register the ill dog in its place, or are registrations permanent? I know it's just potentially moving the problem around if anything happened to whichever pet was de-registered but at least it'd sort it in the short term.

Edited by callsaul

I've never used Abbey so can't talk from personal experience but a close friend used Abbey at Deepcar and they ripped her off really badly, overcharging for tests, charging different amounts for the same medication, same repeat tests etc.

I know someone mentioned Springfield earlier but have you actually spoken to them and explained your situation? We've always used Springfield at Moorgate and they have always been so amazing that I feel they would do everything they could to help you. Do you think it would be worth calling that branch and finding out if they can help?

I really feel for you, and admire you so much for what you're doing!!

I've never used Abbey so can't talk from personal experience but a close friend used Abbey at Deepcar and they ripped her off really badly, overcharging for tests, charging different amounts for the same medication, same repeat tests etc.

I know someone mentioned Springfield earlier but have you actually spoken to them and explained your situation? We've always used Springfield at Moorgate and they have always been so amazing that I feel they would do everything they could to help you. Do you think it would be worth calling that branch and finding out if they can help?

I really feel for you, and admire you so much for what you're doing!!

I use Abbey and have found their pricing fine, they've been really great, also when my dog had surgery recently after being attacked by another dog, the actual price was nearly £100 less then the estimate, as they gave the top end estimate.

Also when we were away and she needed to be taken in by a friend who didn't have any money, they were perfectly happy to wait for payment until we got home from our holiday, very reasonable.

there is a vet at chesterfield that is cheaper than others but the name of it escapes me at moment