How long after completion before the price appears on land registry ?

We bid on a couple of houses back in April/May and they both went to final sealed bids. The estate agencies wouldn`t tell us what price they went for and I`ve been burning to know ever since ! Does anyone know how long after the sale is completed the price appears on the Land registry (and then Rightmove etc) ?

Well there's one from the 15th of May already on the Land registry from our street already, so it should be soon.

Does anyone know how long after the sale is completed the price appears on the Land registry (and then Rightmove etc) ?

The purchaser's application to HMLR is usually within six weeks of completion; that's the maximum validity of an official search result.

I find that if you tell the agents that you are thinking of selling your own house in the area and would like an indication of whether or not the property went for the asking price they are more forthcoming.

Our house purchase has never appeared on the land registry website (from 2 years ago). Should I be concerned?

Our house purchase has never appeared on the land registry website (from 2 years ago). Should I be concerned?

It depends.

1. YES- your purchase should certainly have been registered by now. If it's not, ask your solicitors what's wrong.

2. But NO- if you meant just your purchase price; it is sometimes omitted for technical reasons.

I'd say it takes 6 months to appear. Id been waiting on similar things!

Once the application is received by us we will add the details to our own database

That data is released to third party websites around the 20th/21st of each month.

How quickly they then upload that data is their choice so it will vary but I suspect they do so within 1 to 2 months of receipt.

You can search our own price paid data via our website so if your purchase is shown then you know it will appear on other sites in time

If the price is missing or there is an error than you can also report these online .

I forgot about this thread so didn`t actually write down the dates that the properties did actually appear on the LR, but I seem to remember it was about 6 months.

I`ve subsequently found that there seems to be a big difference (in how long it takes for the sold prices to come up) for no apparent reason. The price we sold our house, and that of the house our sellers bought, came up within 3 months, but the price we paid for our house took five months !

My house still isn't on the land registry three years after buying it...

I forgot about this thread so didn`t actually write down the dates that the properties did actually appear on the LR, but I seem to remember it was about 6 months.

Did you find out how much more the other people paid over your sealed bids?