Owls V Stags ..

When we won the league Cup, it was a fantastic day.

I'm not one to dismiss the competition, neither are the top clubs when the Final gets close.

Imagine this: Sheffield Wednesday League Cup Winners 2015.

Looks good dunnit?

I know I am alone in disliking the Cups, particularly this one, I just don't think it is useful to add to the match-load when we already have 46 league games to worry about.

I know I am alone in disliking the Cups, particularly this one, I just don't think it is useful to add to the match-load when we already have 46 league games to worry about.

If that.happens then we should never charge fans to watch these games,paying fans want to.see us win no.matter what cup it is.

Wednesday can now field two teams and use a completely different eleven .

All they have to do is play foot ball ,its not as though they are doing a 12 hour shift in Steel Peach and Tozer is it!

Although continuity is ok , i reckon Carlos will put Lewis Price in goal and name a mostly second string x1 . That way he gives everyone an opportunity to show and at the same time sort out the players who need to go out on loan.

An under strength starting x1 should be too much for Mansfield and i expect them to run

out 3 - 0 winners.

Although continuity is ok , i reckon Carlos will put Lewis Price in goal and name a mostly second string x1 . That way he gives everyone an opportunity to show and at the same time sort out the players who need to go out on loan.

An under strength starting x1 should be too much for Mansfield and i expect them to run

out 3 - 0 winners.

Big win for you tonight... I'll go for six to nil. I mean you beat Barcelbristol Saturday so got to be six tonight. (joke incase anyone moans lol)

Saying that I'd love you to get through and IF we did get a draw against each other... the city could do with a bit of excitement.!

Edited by footietalk

Big win for you tonight... I'll go for six to nil. I mean you beat Barcelbristol Saturday so got to be six tonight. (joke incase anyone moans lol)

Saying that I'd love you to get through and IF we did get a draw against each other... the city could do with a bit of excitement.!

Welcome to the footie section footietalk.

It would be nice to have a cup run, and if the Sheffield teams did draw each other it would

bring back the missing derby excitement we've all been denied these last few seasons.

The Owls have not figured very well in the cups in recent years whilst the Blades have

hogged the limelight ,and rightly so.

With Wednesday having a large squad and talented players i wouldn't be surprised if Carlos

named a team something like the following!!!!!

Lewis Price

Palmer Lachman Sasso Wiggins

Lavery Lee Semedo Sougou

Joao Bus

Watched Jack Stobbs in th U'21's and reckon the right - sided midfielder may also

be given a run-out. Owls to win 3 - 0.

Edited by Southey owl

Welcome to the footie section footietalk.

It would be nice to have a cup run, and if the Sheffield teams did draw each other it would

bring back the missing derby excitement we've all been denied these last few seasons.

The Owls have not figured very well in the cups in recent years whilst the Blades have

hogged the limelight ,and rightly so.

With Wednesday having a large squad and talented players i wouldn't be surprised if Carlos

named a team something like the following!!!!!

Lewis Price

Palmer Lachman Sasso Wiggins

Lavery Lee Semedo Sougou

Joao Bus

Watched Jack Stobbs in th U'21's and reckon the right - sided midfielder may also

be given a run-out. Owls to win 3 - 0.

you wernt far off fella

28 Wildsmith

02 Palmer

15 Lees

23 Sasso

16 Wiggins

21 López Sánchez

06 Semedo

13 Lavery

20 Lee

24 Sougou

18 Santos João

Substitutes

04 Hutchinson

07 Silva Lopes Matias

09 Nuhiu

10 McGugan

17 Helan

25 Dawson

33 Wallace

think theres only Lees that started saturday?

---------- Post added 11-08-2015 at 19:16 ----------

Damn, looking at Mansfields squad theyve got Shearer and Beardsley in the starting 11 Oo

01 Shearer

16 Hunt

15 Tafazolli

35 Shires

03 Benning

07 Chapman

11 Westcarr

08 Clements

20 J Thomas

14 N Thomas

09 Beardsley

Substitutes

02 Marsden

04 Rose

12 Jensen

18 Yussuf

19 Lambe

24 McGuire

26 Caton

and mcguire on the bench :P

Edited by melthebell

you wernt far off fella

think theres only Lees that started saturday?

Southey knows the Owls.His info not usually far out.:thumbsup:

Is May injured? Not in the squad.

Think he,'ll be off on loan soon.

He's off to Rotherham lol

Think a league one side would be better for him. Good player, think he tries too hard.

That's exactly why i didn't include May in the team , dobby.

Hope he does'nt finish up at the Lane , if so he'd do well as he would most Lge 1 teams.