Horse and jockey in unstone

just had sunday lunch in the HORSE AND JOCKEY in unstone and i have to say its the best food and sevice ive had this year...choice of starters around £1 each onto CHOICE OF MAIN COURSE with a choice of three meats or a mixture of all ...NOTHING FROM the freezer !!! everything bought fresh and prepared by land lady and daughter even yorkshire puds !! ..waitress service at a very well presented table in the dining room .. main course £5.99 or less if a pensioner and followed by delicious home made deserts for £2.50 or less .. VERY GENEROUS PORTIONS ....the pub itself is well kept and family run and has a superb garden area with childrens play area ..dogs seem welcome and there is always water outside for them ..the car park is huge and its only at the end of dronfield by pass ...guess where i will be every sunday from now on

They have started to sell real ale too! They got through a barrel of Boltmakers the other weekend, at the mo, they are advertising Tim Taylors Landlord, £2.20 a pint.

wow ..thats something i never enquired about ...thanks for that information smithy...more reasons to pay another visit !!!! ive heard they have things going on most nights in the week as well

just had sunday lunch in the HORSE AND JOCKEY in unstone and i have to say its the best food and sevice ive had this year...choice of starters around £1 each onto CHOICE OF MAIN COURSE with a choice of three meats or a mixture of all ...NOTHING FROM the freezer !!! everything bought fresh and prepared by land lady and daughter even yorkshire puds !! ..waitress service at a very well presented table in the dining room .. main course £5.99 or less if a pensioner and followed by delicious home made deserts for £2.50 or less .. VERY GENEROUS PORTIONS ....the pub itself is well kept and family run and has a superb garden area with childrens play area ..dogs seem welcome and there is always water outside for them ..the car park is huge and its only at the end of dronfield by pass ...guess where i will be every sunday from now on

It is a most terribly depressing place. Good luck to you if you enjoy it though.

---------- Post added 27-07-2016 at 00:58 ----------

They have started to sell real ale too! They got through a barrel of Boltmakers the other weekend, at the mo, they are advertising Tim Taylors Landlord, £2.20 a pint.

Wow! 20 years after real ale started they decided to join in with 2 beers that have been completely ruined by the big brewers and are no longer fit to be considered as real ales. They probably have no choice to be fair, if it's a tied house arrangement, but not for me I'm afraid. There are some far better food and real ale options nearby, like the Coach & Horses at Dronfield for example.

Edited by DerbyTup

Never been in tbh but don`t really like the look of the place. I`m a big fan of the Coach & Horses though and I agree that their food is very good and decent value.

its very much a "locals" pub but once you have been in a few times its not so bad, some of the clients are shall we say colourful!! pretty harmless, although some look like the cast from"Shameless":hihi: prices are reasonable not tried the food yet but it always looks nice on a sunday when we have called for a pint.