Aston Park Split Lake

Im fishing a match on the Split lake in a couple of weeks. Not fished it before. Can anyone give me any pointers as to tactics, baits, depths etc please?

Thanks,

Rich

I believe that the method at present is long pole about 14m fishing on the deck and also fish shallow on this line as well with pellets, give Alex a call who owns the lakes he is a nice lad and will give you plenty of up to date info.

Good luck with your match.

Hi I fished the split lake on tues over 55 open match and came second off peg 25 (woods side) with 57lb 10oz made up of 2 carp on pellet wag , 2 carp and loads of ide on chopped worm at 6/7 metres . It was won off peg29 with 64lb mainly carp but don't know which method

Hope this helps

Well, we fished our match yesterday and averaged more than 22lb per angler. It was won with 44lb - a couple of carp plus lots of ide caught fishing top 2 + 2 with maggot. I trailed in 6th with 25lb+ mainly on worm and caster at 9m- again 2 carp and 37 ide. Good venue and we'll certainly be back. Thanks for advice lads.

Well, we fished our match yesterday and averaged more than 22lb per angler. It was won with 44lb - a couple of carp plus lots of ide caught fishing top 2 + 2 with maggot. I trailed in 6th with 25lb+ mainly on worm and caster at 9m- again 2 carp and 37 ide. Good venue and we'll certainly be back. Thanks for advice lads.

And thanks for letting us know how you got on. It drives me nuts when people go on forums (and its rife on fishing forums) asking for info, which is freely given and you never know what happened. Sounds like you had a decent day!

Edited by tinfoilhat
I'm illiterate.