The largest flying ant ever found in Sheffield?

Sorry, Colin - I don't follow. What has this got to do with it?

Well why would she be apologising on behalf of Look North when she doesn't work there?

Edited by Colin Foster

Well why would she be apologising on behalf of Look North when she doesn't work there?

He didn't say that she apologised on behalf of Look North.

He didn't say that she apologised on behalf of Look North.

Well, he did. He said she apologised for Look North's inaccurate report.

Well, he did. He said she apologised for Look North's inaccurate report.

No,he said about,not for.

No,he said about,not for.

Yes, it's the same thing, that's apologising on behalf of them.

I'm in France at the moment.you want to see the flying ants here.that's what I call big. And the wasps! Not at all fluffy,slick and shiney and the size of,well,something big. I got one in my helmet today. Ooo missis!

I'm in France at the moment.you want to see the flying ants here.that's what I call big. And the wasps! Not at all fluffy,slick and shiney and the size of,well,something big. I got one in my helmet today. Ooo missis!

Hi Shanes, yes - they are big in France, but not 2 inches big.

They average about 17mm, which looks big because you are used to seeing flying ants in this country that average 8 to 11mm.

I visit France two or three times a month, so I am quite familiar with the French ants.

The good news is that my friend has contacted the Norris MacWhirter Foundation, and he has confirmed that the ant in my pictures is a World record.

Strange that as a kid, I always thought I would grow up to be the World Record holder of the longest trump lol. The flying ant record is a bit weird, but I guess any "World record" is an achievement! :)

I think I've sorted the pics (fingers crossed). The good news is that I have received an apology via email from Christa Ackeroyd about Look North's inaccurate report.

As for the pics, here is a pic of the ant's position on my wind shield http://imgur.com/sXNGJjY

Here is the close up of the ant with measurements http://imgur.com sxixNIGORjY

It looks like a very small witch flying on a broomstick, with black hair and red dress.:confused:

It looks like a very small witch flying on a broomstick, with black hair and red dress.:confused:

Some people see a map of Rotherham, some see a butterfly, most see a 2" flying ant - the 'witch' thing is a new one on me.

The WPM(Weston Park) Museum(M) have offered to buy the ant from me, but I have it preserved in a jar of white wine vinegar. I intend to display it in my forthcoming Crisp Sandwich Shop. I think the record breaking ant will draw people in.

Some people see a map of Rotherham, some see a butterfly, most see a 2" flying ant - the 'witch' thing is a new one on me.

The WPM(Weston Park) Museum(M) have offered to buy the ant from me, but I have it preserved in a jar of white wine vinegar. I intend to display it in my forthcoming Crisp Sandwich Shop. I think the record breaking ant will draw people in.

Well something will have to.

Well something will have to.

I think it will work, the free publicity from Christa and Harry is worth its weight in gold, Shanes.

How did the France trip go, btw?