The largest flying ant ever found in Sheffield?

:)

Hey, if the real one is as big as said, then this could be a reality in a few thousand generations! (could be just a few years away!) :|

Let's hope they don't go for the nice areas like tudor sq :hihi:

Domesticate it, saddle it up and 'hey presto' another mode of public transport, to ease congestion.:P

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 10:57 ----------

I'm sorry but that is clearly a fluffy wasp. One that has obviously been subjected to some kind of genetic tampering somewhere in Crookes.

Yep.

Alcoblog seems rather quiet. And he was in the market for a lot of Bees/Wabbies, or whatever.

Yep.

Alcoblog seems rather quiet. And he was in the market for a lot of Bees/Wabbies, or whatever.

I'm 'quiet' due mainly to the fact that the Welsh are so backward that they're still in some kind of antediluvian period at the mo. The other part of the quietness is down to the fact that I'm holidaying in SW Wales at the same mo.

Having only just inventing fire recently, they're still some way off from doing the same with WIFI.

My portable WIFI hotspot device only works if there's a transmission mast nearby, as opposed to a burning a pile of twigs, which would appear to be their main form of long distance communication. :(

I'm 'quiet' due mainly to the fact that the Welsh are so backward that they're still in some kind of antediluvian period at the mo. The other part of the quietness is down to the fact that I'm holidaying in SW Wales at the same mo.

Having only just inventing fire recently, they're still some way off from doing the same with WIFI.

My portable WIFI hotspot device only works if there's a transmission mast nearby, as opposed to a burning a pile of twigs, which would appear to be their main form of long distance communication. :(

I'm sorry Alcoblog, what was that? Your breaking up- crr crr crr crrrrr!

Oh never mind.

You should keep your rather strong/offensive views against other races and cultures even quieter.

That aside, I think I have cracked it thanks to Bethsmummy's kind advice. Pics will be uploaded shortly.

It's like pulling teeth.....SHOW US THE EFFING GIANT ANT!!!!

It's like pulling teeth.....SHOW US THE EFFING GIANT ANT!!!!

Please try not to be so aggresive , I didn't think anyone was interested anymore - I'm back on it, your patience will be appreciated.

Please try not to be so aggresive , I didn't think anyone was interested anymore - I'm back on it, your patience will be appreciated.

Bzzzzzzzzzzz

It's people like you that make me proud to be British. Sheer grit and determination. I'm listening to Jerusalem whilst writing this.

This bloody Ant better be worth the wait

Great thread.

Really looking forward to the pics.

Sorry, I am having real problems developing the photos in a digital format - thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, I have been showing the pics to a friend of mine who is in the local quiz team - he says it is definitely the largest flying ant in Sheffield and suggests that I send the negatives to Western Park Museum.

He also suggests that I display one of the pics as my avatar until I can get them converted to a digital format - I am attempting to do this now, you will be able to view the ant shortly - fingers crossed.

I'm pretty sure your avatar has to be in digital format also :huh: