There's something not right at Pinch Mill?

It's always been a tricky carp water (part of its appeal), evening time in the summer months the only real time to be confident of putting a few on the bank.

That has changed though.

I visited the water last bank holiday, there was a large group of local foreigners present, taking up virtually every peg - so I left.

I had a session there this Tuesday evening and not a single carp, nor any sign of them being present, - which is very unusual at this time of year.

Anglers Mail - this weeks issue, has a small piece about Pinch Mill in the "Where to fish" section - Carp are not even on the "species list" anymore!

Can anyone explain why, or fill in the blanks, please?

Thanks.

probably stole them to eat or sell on had it happen at my local lake years ago were after the big ones to sell on

Maybe they ate them

probably stole them to eat or sell on had it happen at my local lake years ago were after the big ones to sell on

Who ate/stole them?

Most of the carp were moved to the top pond, there are some still in the bottom :)

Hi I'm the owner at pinchmill and just wanted to put records straight there has on occasion been a small number of Slovaks fishing who are closely monitored and some were asked to leave due drinking and making a nuisance of them selves not steeling fish, there is still a good head of carp in both ponds although I do try to keep the first pond below 10 lb a 20 has been caught this week but also tench chub barbel ide and crucians this is not a typical commercial fishery with f1s that are easy to catch but still a great water, if anyone has any trouble with a foreign friends they only have to give me ring and I will sort out any problems hope this helps and any negative comments doesn't put anyone off thanks

Hi I'm the owner at pinchmill and just wanted to put records straight there has on occasion been a small number of Slovaks fishing who are closely monitored and some were asked to leave due drinking and making a nuisance of them selves not steeling fish, there is still a good head of carp in both ponds although I do try to keep the first pond below 10 lb a 20 has been caught this week but also tench chub barbel ide and crucians this is not a typical commercial fishery with f1s that are easy to catch but still a great water, if anyone has any trouble with a foreign friends they only have to give me ring and I will sort out any problems hope this helps and any negative comments doesn't put anyone off thanks

Thanks for posting, Pinchmill. Great fishery, I've enjoyed it for years - not your usual "runs water" - which makes it all the more rewarding when you do catch a "big(ish) un".

The problem is, that these fellas are also known for nicking tackle. Two of my mates went there last week, the foreign guys turned up in force - no trouble - but my mates left... huge stigma?.... hell yeah - rightly or wrongly, enough for my buddies to think better than to stay put.

It's a tough one, Pinchmill - but only you can sort it out.