Chuggers in town today

Never seen so many. some even had the audacity to ignore me shaking my head and then stand in my way, telling me how much my Direct Debit would mean to them.

This needs to stop, they are making peoples trips to town miserable.

How come they never get arrested by the police.

Never seen so many. some even had the audacity to ignore me shaking my head and then stand in my way, telling me how much my Direct Debit would mean to them.

You seriously need to develop some coping strategies if chuggers are making you feel miserable.

I always ask them who they are employed by , if they say the actual charity, i say liar!, no you are not!

Edited by Onthetyne

I wonder if people that are on DamascusForum are posting about how hard life is shopping in Sheffield city centre :rolleyes:

It's the main gripe I have now with the city centre, flippin chuggers!

If you want to raise money for charity then volunteer, don't get paid to fundraise. And sadly, even though they do the whole "it's only £x a month" sadly people can't afford that and don't like to be harassed and made to feel bad about it.

Well,it appears that they are making YOUR trips to town miserable.

perhaps miserable was not the correct choice of words. Angry may be a little more apt,

You can see them preying on old and foreigners. makes me angry, then when they actively stand in your path it gets worse, they should be licensed if they really have to be there, on fargate They looked to be more collectors than shoppers!

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 18:26 ----------

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/national/charity-chuggers-could-face-crackdown-regulator-warns-1-7388418

Don't look at them, don't speak to them, don't feel any shame totally ignoring them. They are only doing it for themselves. I work near the Moor and have no problem pretending they don't exist when they approach me.

Don't look at them, don't speak to them, don't feel any shame totally ignoring them. They are only doing it for themselves. I work near the Moor and have no problem pretending they don't exist when they approach me.

usually works, right up to today when i had to ask one of them to move out of my way, he deliberately stepped into my path.

Just carry on walking and push the pleb away.

You can see them preying on old and foreigners.

I guess they're not falling for the "no speaka inglish" line anymore