Majority of Rotherham child exploitation suspects are white!

That's nearly an apology. Close as we are going to get.

Go and take a running jump!

Apologise for what? :rolleyes:

A running jump? Are you trying to encourage me to commit suicide? .......

How do you come to the conclusion that I have racist views?

I was trying to point out in response to someone saying I was trying to vilify white people that they were wrong as I am married to a White English woman which if I was a racist would not be the case.

My reason for starting this thread was to highlight the hypocrisy of some as when it concerns Muslim nonces the reaction is different to when it concerns white or non Muslim nonces.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:28 ----------

I was born in this country 42 years ago, I class myself as British and not English as I define English as someone who is White and whose previous generations were also white and from England.

If I walked in a pub and declared I'm English how many people do you think would agree?

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:30 ----------

I define someone English as a white person with multiple generations who have lived in England, tell your dad to walk into a pub and declare he is English and see how many people agree with him.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:34 ----------

You are not classed as English due to being mixed race, my kids who are mixed race would also not be classed as English so your point about being offended when referred to as English is irrelivent unless you see being called English an insult.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:35 ----------

You don't know me but you know I'm Muslim, as we all know Muslims are not flavour of the month are we?

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:37 ----------

The report I linked to mentioned Ethnicity right at the forefront and the Star newspaper printed it so go and take it up with them.

What on earth are you on about or even on??? If you are born in England you are ENGLISH as well as British!!! You sound like the idiots who despite the queen having come from MANY generations born in England still claim that she is GERMAN!! :loopy:

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 08:58 ----------

You seem to be a tad touchy, whats your problem?

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 09:02 ----------

According to the B- B- BNP's Nick Griffin, you must be able to trace your lineage back 15,000 years to these shores, in order to remain in England.

Wow :wow:

I can trace my family back several generations thanks to these online genealogy databases, but fifteen thousand years. . . I hope Sweden has a Right of Return for individuals such as myself :huh:

I suspect that I may be stuffed as well then as I only know of 3 generations of being born in UK, but then I again I cant be bothered to do the reseach either so there is likely to be FAR more

To set the record straight I view myself as Yorkshire first, then English and eventually, British

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 09:07 ----------

My understanding is that English is a race/ethnicity and if it was a nationality then why do we get British nationality on our passports instead of English nationality?

Are you seriously suggesting that the Government and the people go to the expense and hassle of having FOUR different passports instead of one??? We have a BRITISH passport because we have a BRITISH government. Now when the Scots eventually manage to wangle independance then yes, they will need a Scottish passport and the rest of us will have a Whats Left of Britain passport

---------- Post added 10-08-2015 at 09:08 ----------

A running jump? Are you trying to encourage me to commit suicide? .......

Or possibly athletics?? :)

English is obviously not a race or ethnicity. Caucasian is the ethnicity.

England was a country which joined in the act of Union with Scotland to create the United Kingdom of Great Britain (and later Northern Ireland).

Our official nationality is British, if you wish to be more precise though and were born in England then you're English. Your colour or religion has no bearing on that.

I've been reading through this thread and to be honest Mafya, you might have been better not starting it. I hate bigotry as much as anyone else but in (what I believe to be) an attempt to prove the bigots wrong, you've actually proved that some of their beliefs are correct.

If the stats are to be believed, that a 1/4 of the culprits were Asian, then that's a massive problem if you consider the Asian population of Rotherham is recorded as being only 3.47% (from here, number 97 on the list)

If you're going use the Sheffield Star as a source for threads, you need to do a bit of research yourself first. It's hardly known for being a shining example of journalistic prowess.

I'd put the Star's accuracy at a similar level to that of the Daily Mail, the only difference being the Mail's inaccuracies are usually deliberate.

To be fair to Mafia (and I don't know why I am being after all his insults). A lot of ethnic minorities do refer regularly to white people in England as "English" to differentiate the obvious culture and ethnicity difference. It will have been passed down in families generationally as a turn of phrase. I take no offence when a taxi driver refers to me as English.

To be fair to Mafia (and I don't know why I am being after all his insults). A lot of ethnic minorities do refer regularly to white people in England as "English" to differentiate the obvious culture and ethnicity difference. It will have been passed down in families generationally as a turn of phrase. I take no offence when a taxi driver refers to me as English.

isn't that the whole point. there are only certain ethnic groups that do take offence and some of them make a career out of it.

Back on topic please. And without the insults and bickering.

isn't that the whole point. there are only certain ethnic groups that do take offence and some of them make a career out of it.

No, there are certain individuals, from all ethnic groups

How do you come to the conclusion that I have racist views?

I was trying to point out in response to someone saying I was trying to vilify white people that they were wrong as I am married to a White English woman which if I was a racist would not be the case.

My reason for starting this thread was to highlight the hypocrisy of some as when it concerns Muslim nonces the reaction is different to when it concerns white or non Muslim nonces.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:28 ----------

I was born in this country 42 years ago, I class myself as British and not English as I define English as someone who is White and whose previous generations were also white and from England.

If I walked in a pub and declared I'm English how many people do you think would agree?

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:30 ----------

I define someone English as a white person with multiple generations who have lived in England, tell your dad to walk into a pub and declare he is English and see how many people agree with him.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:34 ----------

You are not classed as English due to being mixed race, my kids who are mixed race would also not be classed as English so your point about being offended when referred to as English is irrelivent unless you see being called English an insult.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:35 ----------

You don't know me but you know I'm Muslim, as we all know Muslims are not flavour of the month are we?

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 21:37 ----------

The report I linked to mentioned Ethnicity right at the forefront and the Star newspaper printed it so go and take it up with them.

Wow, this whole response is just off the scale bonkers. If anyone from the political right of this forum tried to suggest that anyone not white could not be considered English, they would be dumped on from a great height and probably reported into the bargain. Yet the same people who would be lining up to have a go are strangely quiet on this occasion, wonder why?

(Incidentally, you don't know me but know me enough to imply that my motives for posting are racially motivated, when of the two of us, the only one whose posted anything even approaching what would be termed racist is you!)

Wow, this whole response is just off the scale bonkers. If anyone from the political right of this forum tried to suggest that anyone not white could not be considered English, they would be dumped on from a great height and probably reported into the bargain. Yet the same people who would be lining up to have a go are strangely quiet on this occasion, wonder why?

(Incidentally, you don't know me but know me enough to imply that my motives for posting are racially motivated, when of the two of us, the only one whose posted anything even approaching what would be termed racist is you!)

There appear to be two groups, both fairly small in terms of the UK as a whole, who require that people must meet three requirements to be considered to be English. These are certain right wing groups, and some ethnic minorities (or at least some of their members). The criteria appear to be along the following lines, I think:

1. based on skin colour (but how dark is acceptable?),

2. ethnic source on both sides of the family, and "pure" - but it's not clear how pure the ancestry has to be (if I were to find out that my great, great, great grandfather turns out to have been a black African, do I suddenly stop being English?), and

3. how many past generations of the family have lived in England (is it 2, 20, 200? - who knows? And what if you cannot take your family tree back through enough generations to qualify?).

It's all pretty confusing. I think I'll stick with "born here" as being an easy definition, plus a few other add-ons to cover people such as those who qualify by their relationships with other English people and who choose to be English..

I realize that unlike "British", which has more of a legal definition, ie tying in with what passport you would have, the term "English" is less definite and open to interpretation, but I think my definition is much nearer the mark than mafya's.

There appear to be two groups, both fairly small in terms of the UK as a whole, who require that people must meet three requirements to be considered to be English. These are certain right wing groups, and some ethnic minorities (or at least some of their members). The criteria appear to be along the following lines, I think:

1. based on skin colour (but how dark is acceptable?),

2. ethnic source on both sides of the family, and "pure" - but it's not clear how pure the ancestry has to be (if I were to find out that my great, great, great grandfather turns out to have been a black African, do I suddenly stop being English?), and

3. how many past generations of the family have lived in England (is it 2, 20, 200? - who knows? And what if you cannot take your family tree back through enough generations to qualify?).

It's all pretty confusing. I think I'll stick with "born here" as being an easy definition, plus a few other add-ons to cover people such as those who qualify by their relationships with other English people and who choose to be English..

I realize that unlike "British", which has more of a legal definition, ie tying in with what passport you would have, the term "English" is less definite and open to interpretation, but I think my definition is much nearer the mark than mafya's.

See I don't have a problem with anyone terming themselves English - you are what you consider yourself to be regardless of ethnicity or even country of origin. In fact I would suggest it has greater meaning to be English by choice rather than English by birth (which lets face it, you have no control over).