M.O.T. Querie help

Wife bought a car new 28/09/2012 so 3 years old on 28/09/ 2015 so due for on mot 28/09/2015 she thaught. Took it in today 4 /08 /2 015 three weeks early thinking they would date m.o.t 28/09/2015. They started m.o.t. from today

4/0 8/ 2015 is this right. Seems to me they have done me out of nearly 4 weeks. She took the log book with her and told them .They said they did not need it as they get all details of log book . HELP ARE THEY RIGHT . What shall i do.:love:

U have took it in too early.

U can add on a month minus a day. So if due 28,09,2015 early u could have done is 29,08,2015 then it would expire 28,09,2016

Hope this helps

I thought it states on the mot printout the earliest date to preserve the anniversary is xx/xx

It does but with it being the first mot then they wouldn't have one :(

But doesn’t the one month early rule only apply after the first MOT test? One thing that I can say is that the date that a vehicle is tested will always be shown on the MOT cert.

Example with a car that is a few years old: Car MOT expires end of August. I take car today for MOT and I get a cert dated 04.08.15. I now have a MOT cert with nearly 13 months on it because the MOT I got today will expire 31st Aug 2016

Yes it will always say date

The car was took in nearly 8 week before its due so can't add that much on, max is 1 month, minus a day that you can add on if it hasn't expired

It's your responsibility to arrange to take it in to gain you 1 calendar month extra...

If you take it in early they are just doing a mot like you have asked..

They dont run around sorting that out for you.

U have took it in too early.

U can add on a month minus a day. So if due 28,09,2015 early u could have done is 29,08,2015 then it would expire 28,09,2016

Hope this helps

This ^^ :thumbsup:

But doesn’t the one month early rule only apply after the first MOT test? One thing that I can say is that the date that a vehicle is tested will always be shown on the MOT cert.

Example with a car that is a few years old: Car MOT expires end of August. I take car today for MOT and I get a cert dated 04.08.15. I now have a MOT cert with nearly 13 months on it because the MOT I got today will expire 31st Aug 2016

It also includes vehicles that are tested for the very first time as it goes on the date of first registration on the registration document.

Spider take it early next year and get 13 months on it, if it needs work you have time to do it before it runs out or having to pre book to keep within the law.

Yes it was me being stupid . Time for the old folks home i guess. On reflection maybe the garage should have picked it up. May be not my fault feel stupid :love:

On reflection maybe the garage should have picked it up. May be not my fault feel stupid :love:

Down to the owner, but they probably dont charge the full price for the MOT.

Spider take it early next year and get 13 months on it, if it needs work you have time to do it before it runs out or having to pre book to keep within the law.

Although it should be pointed out you need to be aware you can't drive a car in an unsafe condition.

So if you fail on bald tyres, low brakes or something you can't continue to drive it.