Where was Wimpy burger in Sheffield?

Marsden's Milk Bar, Pinstone Street (super real milk shakes) later became Wimpy"s Hambugers (shockingly bad, by todays standards, beefburger sandwiches)

Didn't they used to offer a burger with a fried egg plonked on top of the patty?

There was a Wimpy Bar in Broomhill at the bottom of Crookes Road in the late seventies, run by Marsden's. It later became a KFC which closed down many years ago and has been empty ever since.

I'm sure it was opposite b&m, which used to be British home stores

Mr Wimpy always scared the life out of my kids back then !

a walkthrough of the zx spectrum mr wimpy game lol

The Fargate branch used to be open into the early hours. I recall the days when clubs had to close at 2 a m. Wimpey was a regular calling spot after closing time to be greeted by a delightful West Indian lady. I think her name was Gloria and used to welcome us with " D'ya want a cup a tea love?" She was a bubbly character and I am sure many people of my age will remember her fondly.

Remember her well spent many a hour in her company while waiting for first 52 bus at 3 20 am

there was one on leopold street just after the peace gardens as was on the right hand side just before the moor, we went there after my sister got married at sheff register office think it was the late 70s like my memory hasn't lasted

We were in Barnstaple on holiday today and they have a Wimpy but no McDonalds. Got me thinking, I remember going to Wimpy in Sheffield as a kid in the 70s and maybe 80s but can't remember where it was and when it closed. Any ideas?

We live about 30 miles away from Barnstaple and I've seen this Wimpy on the High Street. Did you go in, what was it like ... we've often thought of venturing in there. From memory on the one on Fargate in the 70's, they use to toast the buns and were far superior to the likes of McDonalds and Burger King? Hope you enjoyed your holiday in Devon.

---------- Post added 05-08-2015 at 23:22 ----------

Anyone remember the Golden Egg on Fargate. Strangely enough, a friend of mine had the Golden Egg franchise in Barnstaple in the 70/80's. Could they have taken over Wimpy?

Was there a 'Golden Egg' further up Fargate?

The Golden egg was just below Exchange gateway.

there was one on leopold street just after the peace gardens as was on the right hand side just before the moor, we went there after my sister got married at sheff register office think it was the late 70s like my memory hasn't lasted

That would be Pinstone Street, but that's ok.

There was also one in the petrol station on Penistone Road near the Rutland Road junction.

There was also one in the petrol station on Penistone Road near the Rutland Road junction.

Yes, that must have been one of the last to open. Never saw any customers in it.