TV / television licensing MEGATHREAD

A few people have told me that if you own a computer and have a internet connection that the law may change so you have to pay for that too

May be rummer but you never know

the law only applys if you watch live TV. you do not need a TV licence to watch BBC I player if it's catchup.

Someone tell my why we should pay TV license when the boss's and mangers of the BBC are making 100's of 1000's every year for sitting on there ass? I think even the TV presenters shouldnt get as much.

They keep bringing new radio stations and new TV channels out? Why dont we get a say in this since we are FORCED to pay for it? We have to pay our TV license's for the radio to be aired? So why dont people who listen to the radio have to pay?

There is only 3 shows that are worth watching on the BBC. Family guy, Top Gear and Russell Howards Big news

Sorry about the rant but i had to get it off my chest

Any comments people?

Rick

agree with you there. there are 13 people at the bbc that are directors and earning more than the prime minister does. no wonder its known as the bloated broadcasting corporation

Someone tell my why we should pay TV license when the boss's and mangers of the BBC are making 100's of 1000's every year for sitting on there ass? I think even the TV presenters shouldnt get as much.

They keep bringing new radio stations and new TV channels out? Why dont we get a say in this since we are FORCED to pay for it? We have to pay our TV license's for the radio to be aired? So why dont people who listen to the radio have to pay?

There is only 3 shows that are worth watching on the BBC. Family guy, Top Gear and Russell Howards Big news

Sorry about the rant but i had to get it off my chest

Any comments people?

Rick

If you don't you will have to do some penal servitude in Wormwood Scrubs.

So you're saying that you don't even need to have a TV? You just watch everything on Iplayer on your PC? Provided you watch it when it's just finished?

Is everything on I player though? Even Ch 4 and ITV etc and the News and stuff? I know I probs sound really dumb but I've never thought about it before. For what it costs, £12 a month?, it's not worth the hassle of watching it on a little pc monitor.

The 'rules'

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

"You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder."

That's crystal clear to me.

So you're saying that you don't even need to have a TV? You just watch everything on Iplayer on your PC? Provided you watch it when it's just finished?

Is everything on I player though? Even Ch 4 and ITV etc and the News and stuff? I know I probs sound really dumb but I've never thought about it before. For what it costs, £12 a month?, it's not worth the hassle of watching it on a little pc monitor.

no its only bbc stuff..........and no they dont have everything on there

no its only bbc stuff..........and no they dont have everything on there
Well then, it's a rubbish idea .. I'd sooner just pay the £12 a month - far cheaper than going to the cinema twice ... and you aren't forced to drink brackish coke and eat clarty popcorn either then :D

I think sky and virgin media should add it too your bill. I would be happy to add a couple of quid to my bill every month so i dont have to bother paying it.

Am I the only person here who thinks that the TV licence is worth every single penny and the BBC is the finest broadcasting company in the world. I'd pay the licence fee just for Radio 4, everything else is a bonus.

By the way, isn't it amazing that Sky/Virgin customers always talk of £/month and the licence fee in £/year. A miracle of marketing ....

Sky = £396

BBC Licence fee = £11 ;)

Well then, it's a rubbish idea .. I'd sooner just pay the £12 a month - far cheaper than going to the cinema twice ... and you aren't forced to drink brackish coke and eat clarty popcorn either then :D

if i come round ill force feed you stella and dry roasted nuts :P

No, you are required by the Wireless Telegraphy Act to pay a license fee if you have a set which is capable of receiving a television signal.

You don't. My mate doesn't watch TV but has one connected to his Sinclair Spectrum.

It will be even easier to prove your innocence when the analogue signal is switched off and TVs without any Freeview equipment built in cannot receive anything.