Mysterious noise in Crookes?

I know there have been several past posts about this sort of thing, and I'm mystified by a noise I've heard twice recently. The frst time was late Sunday night 3 weeks ago, and it continued until well into Monday. Last night - Sunday again- it was back, and has stopped within the past hour. I can best describe it as sounding as if someone is playing rock music some distance away, so you can hear a bass beat. That's what I assumed it was at first, but when I went out to try to locate it, I realised that I could only hear the noise in the house. I wondered if it was music a few doors down the terrace, but no-one had lights on - and surely they wouldn't continue till Monday lunchtime without someone sorting them out? After the first time I began to wonder if I'd imagined it, now I've heard it again at exactly the same time, I'm puzzled...and sleepless, as it was loud and persistent enough to keep me awake till the early hours. I wondered if the 2 Sunday nights correlate with roadworks anywhere in this area? ( Though if that's the answer, why couldn't I hear it outside?)

Culturally aware Moles.

Cue Alcoblog :hihi:

Er ... shuttup! :o

Just because something's gone awry in Crookes, does not warrant the pointy fingers of suspicion being pointingly pointed in the general vicinity of Area 51 and a half thank you very much ... I'm sure other people have 3-phase, trans-sonic, hyperbolic, generators too! How on earth are you supposed to dig for gold under Crookes of a Sunday night? :suspect:

In short, absolutely nothing to do with me ... I was asleep at the time. :mad:

Anne duck, you sure you're not just going quackers?

Maybe head down the cellar, and check for frackers? :suspect:

I could hear a strange noise this morning in S10 like the bin wagon makes but continuous almost like a whine.