SWFC v Bristol city

2-1 win to the Owls! (we always know i'm wrong)

Owls 1:2 Bristol City

Morning all. My 10 year old daughter has decided she wants to go to see a professional football match, ideally this weekend, and as Wednesday are at home, I thought we'd try this one.

Can anyone advise, please, as I've not been there for about 40 years. I presume we can just turn up on the day and pay as we go in. Yes?

Which part of the ground / entrance should I go for? Presumably the "home" area. Any recommendations? Are some areas more family oriented, or doesn't it matter? Roughly what sort of price (1 adult, 1 child)? Thanks in advance.

I've now seen the prices on the Wednesday website, and presume the the price range relates to how central you are, and how near the front. Any advice on which part on the ground to choose? Thanks.

Edited by Eater Sundae

Hi guys another season upon us just wishing all my friends on here all the best for this coming season..

At least the first Owls boro game is this month get it out the way lol.

I have high hopes for Middlesbrough this year. It is a tough league again, especially to get out of, but I like what Middlesbrough have done on the transfer market and I think you guys are a lot stronger than last year.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 09:16 ----------

Morning all. My 10 year old daughter has decided she wants to go to see a professional football match, ideally this weekend, and as Wednesday are at home, I thought we'd try this one.

Can anyone advise, please, as I've not been there for about 40 years. I presume we can just turn up on the day and pay as we go in. Yes?

Which part of the ground / entrance should I go for? Presumably the "home" area. Any recommendations? Are some areas more family oriented, or doesn't it matter? Roughly what sort of price (1 adult, 1 child)? Thanks in advance.

I've now seen the prices on the Wednesday website, and presume the the price range relates to how central you are, and how near the front. Any advice on which part on the ground to choose? Thanks.

Hi Eater, picked an expensive one to go to! The Northstand corner with the Kop is usually quite child-friendly (Less-fanatic shouty crowd)Q1-P1 are the references for those sections. The South-stand is similar, probably even a bit more suitable.

The ticket office will be open this morning and they will give you the best advice (I usually don't have to worry about kids, so I go towards the other end of the North Stand to shout at the away fans when the game is boring ;) )

Just make sure you go to bank first.prices av been whacked up pal.will be loads of spare seats so sit anywhere.your young un wont need an ipad when bored cos they av a new tele to keep the young uns entertained

I have high hopes for Middlesbrough this year. It is a tough league again, especially to get out of, but I like what Middlesbrough have done on the transfer market and I think you guys are a lot stronger than last year.

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 09:16 ----------

Hi Eater, picked an expensive one to go to! The Northstand corner with the Kop is usually quite child-friendly (Less-fanatic shouty crowd)Q1-P1 are the references for those sections. The South-stand is similar, probably even a bit more suitable.

The ticket office will be open this morning and they will give you the best advice (I usually don't have to worry about kids, so I go towards the other end of the North Stand to shout at the away fans when the game is boring ;) )

Thanks (and thanks to dorberman also)

Fry up on the go, soccer am on the burn, clobber ironed and ready...

It can only mean one thing !!!

FOOTBALL yeeee haaaaa

Fry up on the go, soccer am on the burn, clobber ironed and ready...

It can only mean one thing !!!

FOOTBALL yeeee haaaaa

Good old Corks you really are in the mood and up for it mate , are'nt we all for what promises

to be the start of an exciting season. New this , new that , new everything.UTO and WAWAW.

Good old Corks you really are in the mood and up for it mate , are'nt we all for what promises

to be the start of an exciting season. New this , new that , new everything.UTO and WAWAW.

Too right Southey mate, come on you blue and white wizards !!!

Another couple of hours and i,m off to what i hope will be our first win and three points on the board. I reckon a crowd of around 24,00 0 will be behind us. All we have to do this season is put twenty wins on the board which looking at last seasons record should be achievable after last years poor home performance of losing seven times, and pick up a few points on the road and we,ll not be far off a play-off place. All that said it,s easier said than done C.O.Y.B.A.W.W.

some match facts

TEAM NEWS

New Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal has made 11 summer signings and all of them will be in contention to make their debuts.

But defender Claude Dielna (toe) and midfielder Filipe Melo (knee) are out.

Bristol City's new signings Ryan Fredericks, Callum Robinson and French striker Jonathan Kodjia are likely to be included in the squad.

Wing-back Mark Little (shoulder) and midfielder Scott Wagstaff (hamstring) will both face late fitness tests.

MATCH FACTS

Sheffield Wednesday have not won against Bristol City in their last nine attempts (D4 L5).

Bristol City have only won one of their last 11 opening day games in the second tier (D6 L4).

Last season, Sheffield Wednesday kept 17 clean sheets in the league, equalling a club record set in 1978-79.

Indeed, the Owls also made fewer errors - just one - leading directly to goals than any other Championship team in 2014-15.

Bristol City's 99 points last season was their highest final tally in a league season.

Indeed, it was the first time the Robins had finished top of any division since topping Division Three (South) in 1955.

the bold bits a bit omninous lol, hope we break it today