Easy walks group

Hi, I've been wanting to join a walking group for a while. I can only walk at weekends and I'm not super fit - 6 miles without too many steep hills is good for me. An added issue is that I don't have transport so can't get to places which aren't near a bus route. Does such a group exist?

Our fortnightly Saturday walks maybe suitable for you.

We would ask that on your first walk that you get to the start by public transport, that's for your safety and our members, once you have joined you would be given access to our chat area where you would be able to request a lift, our members would then know you are genuine and will do their best to accommodate you.

Details of our walks can be found on http://www.shamblers.org.uk if you see something you fancy doing use the contact page on our site.

Thanks

Thanks Bruno.I'll check your walks out and find one where the start is easy to reach by bus.

Hi, I've been wanting to join a walking group for a while. I can only walk at weekends and I'm not super fit - 6 miles without too many steep hills is good for me. An added issue is that I don't have transport so can't get to places which aren't near a bus route. Does such a group exist?

Hello Storylady

I was wondering if you decided to go on any of the walks and manage to arrange transport thereafter? The reason why I ask is because, similar to yourself, I too wish to start walking in the peaks, but do not have transport.

Look forward to your response.

Hello Storylady

I was wondering if you decided to go on any of the walks and manage to arrange transport thereafter? The reason why I ask is because, similar to yourself, I too wish to start walking in the peaks, but do not have transport.

Look forward to your response.

My post above also applies to you Safire.

Hi Safire, I've not been one Shamblers walk yet. Today's would have been good as fairly easy to get to on public transport but I Was busy this morning. Not free for the next couple of weekends but maybe after that?

Thanks for reply, where in Sheffield do you live, if you are any where near Heeley, perhaps we can go together?

My doctor told me to walk ten miles each day,finished up in cleethorpes.:hihi:

Thanks for reply, where in Sheffield do you live, if you are any where near Heeley, perhaps we can go together?

I'm in Walkley. I've had a look at Shambler's upcoming walks. The first one I can probably do is 31st October! Happy to meet with you in town if you want to go together as 2 newbies but maybe you'll have been already by then

We have newbies join all the time, so don't feel alone if joining on your own, we are welcoming and I'm sure you will enjoy your outing looking forward to the next one.

Now and again we fit in really easy walks at the weekend, so if you are not used to walking, or not used to walking with a group then these are a great way to start if you can't get any other day.

Saturday 5th September we have a totally flat walk called Elsecar Greenway, this is a perfect walk for anyone starting out as a Walker, or a walker not used to walking with a group.

Walking in a group we know is not everyone's cup of tea, but! You will be surprised what you can achieve walking with a group.

We are a social group, so if you are a sociable person, not only are you getting fitter, you will be making long lasting new friends.

So feel free to join us whenever you want, if you require more information feel free to give me a call, my number you will find on our site.

Edited by Bruno