Assembly of God Church, Copper Street

There was an Ebenezer chapel near the top of Bramall Lane. I went to Sunday school there a few times in the 50s. I remember a Mr Matthews from that time. It was demolished in the 80s.

On 02/10/2019 at 00:58, Jim Hardie said:

There was an Ebenezer chapel near the top of Bramall Lane. I went to Sunday school there a few times in the 50s. I remember a Mr Matthews from that time. It was demolished in the 80s.

There's still an Ebenezer Church on Greenhow Street, Walkley.

I attended Copper Street Church regularly in the mid to late 1980s and was baptised by the minister, Pastor Paul Mercy in 1987.  I also remember their evening services in the Methodist Church on Carver Street.  I believe Pastor Mercy was from the Cross Keys area in South Wales and in 2001 I began ministry myself pastoring two churches just a twenty minutes drive from that area.  Happy memories!

I remember CL Parker elder, Pastor John Parker ,Doreen Parker, Pastor Swinney, Cedric Cocker, Edith Buckley, Philip Buckley, Ethel Asbery all attended Copper Street 

29 minutes ago, A Thorn said:

I remember CL Parker elder, Pastor John Parker ,Doreen Parker, Pastor Swinney, Cedric Cocker, Edith Buckley, Philip Buckley, Ethel Asbery all attended Copper Street 

Cedric Cocker was a well known character in Sheffield city centre for many years.