Shops

Facilities

Access to town

Access to countryside

Are people ok?

Thanks!

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 13:13 ----------

Wrong category

Lower Walkley has just a few corner shops and newsagents in it. But it's about a 5 minute walk down the Hillsborough.

Walkley proper has more of it's own shops, although the walk could be just as far.

Neither have much in the way of facilities, there is a library, it's accessible from both. They are both served by the bus, LW is closer to the tram, but W has more buses.

They're residential, you're not going to find a swimming pool in either of them, for example.

Access to town is about equivalent, LW being closer to the tram, W having more buses.

Given that the proximity of the two is within the space of a mile, they have equal access to the countryside.

Similar types of people from what I know. Most of my neighbours when I lived in LW were okay. Parking could be a pain, a couple of people on my street didn't like being told not to park in front of my drive, but they got the message. There was one family that were a bit chavvy, but they never caused any trouble.

Some bits of Lower Walkley could also be described as Hillsborough as there is no clear dividing line towards the river and the tram tracks.

Where does the address change, that would be the dividing line :)

I prefer the olde worldy of Walkley as lower Walkley is more brick than stone. Parking might be easier in lower Walkley but Walkley being Walkley is a sod in winter and a pain in the snow if you rely on your wheels.

Where does the address change, that would be the dividing line :)

The address is just Sheffield s6 xxx. The bit you say you live in is up to you. Walkley ward includes lots of what you might call Hillsbro.

That's not true at all. You can't just make up your address.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 13:38 ----------

http://sheffielddemocracy.moderngov.co.uk/Data/Council/20110302/Agenda/$10%20Polling%20District%20Boundary%20Changes.doc.pdf

Lower Walkley is a designated polling district as well.

Some bits of Lower Walkley could also be described as Hillsborough as there is no clear dividing line towards the river and the tram tracks.

That is the clear dividing line. The river between Hillsborough corner and Malin Bridge, then Langsett Rd is what divides the polling boundaries.

What isn't so clear to me is what divides Walkley from Lower Walkley and Walkley Bank. My guess would be that Walkley Bank Road separates WB from LW and Walkley Road marks the edge of Walkley.

There has been a move in recent years by estate agents to try and extend LW along to Infirmary Road near the Hillsborough hotel, which I think if as Upperthorpe.

Lower Walkley has just a few corner shops and newsagents in it. But it's about a 5 minute walk down the Hillsborough.

Walkley proper has more of it's own shops, although the walk could be just as far.

Neither have much in the way of facilities, there is a library, it's accessible from both. They are both served by the bus, LW is closer to the tram, but W has more buses.

They're residential, you're not going to find a swimming pool in either of them, for example.

Access to town is about equivalent, LW being closer to the tram, W having more buses.

Given that the proximity of the two is within the space of a mile, they have equal access to the countryside.

Similar types of people from what I know. Most of my neighbours when I lived in LW were okay. Parking could be a pain, a couple of people on my street didn't like being told not to park in front of my drive, but they got the message. There was one family that were a bit chavvy, but they never caused any trouble.

So no facilities, parking and chav neighbours. Sounds great.

Pretty much identical to Walkley IMO. You can end up with a chav neighbour anywhere, Dore, Totley, S10, S6, it makes no difference.

I'd suggest that you go and check out the areas in person, that's probably the only way to really find out what they're like.

Pretty much identical to Walkley IMO. You can end up with a chav neighbour anywhere, Dore, Totley, S10, S6, it makes no difference.

I'd suggest that you go and check out the areas in person, that's probably the only way to really find out what they're like.

Seems a bit lifeless to me. But houses are cheaper.