[RELEASED] Windows 10 - NEW THREAD

Just a quick question if anyone knows - are the .isos still available for download?

The reason I ask is that the initial ones were full of bugs (Add/Remove apps not working, explorer crashing everytime drivers/apps removed - apparently M$ did a last minute overhaul before final release (Source: a fellow Zorin moderator who 'has connections') ;)

I took the more extreme option and used PowerShell to delete all bundled apps :hihi:

All gone or specific apps

Some nice tweaks on the same site too.

OOO thanks for this, that'll save some time :thumbsup:

Upgraded to Win 10.

I am the only user, so log on as "Administrator".

I now can only save files to the desktop, as in "Documents" and other folders I get the message "You do not have permission to save to this folder".

I have tried cancelling the check mark in "Read only", to be told I need Administrator permission, but not how to get it.

I see that 5 years ago, David Fish (01-03-2010) ,asked a similar question relating to the Win 7 upgrade. As there were no replies, consulting this didn't help.

Should I (for instance) save the files elsewhere, delete the folder, create a new one not marked "read Only" and restore the files?

Edited by jfish1936

Thanks Lookleft, sorry I'm late in replying. Neither of your suggestions apply I'm afraid. I'm using Fences to organise my icon places so I wonder if it could be that, I'm loathe to uninstall it.

Looks like there are some people with issues with Stardock Fences. Have you tried removing the third party software to see if this cures the problem?

Thanks once again Lookleft. I've uninstalled Fences and that has cured the problem. No doubt Stardock will update the programme eventually.

Trying to install win10 but keep getting bsod really annoying.

All seemed to install well and then it restarted when complete. But since then I have a black screen with a message box in white at the top left corner with the following text

Personalization settings

Setting up personalization settings for

Web platform customizations

Been stuck like it over an hour now. Any hints or tips please. Cheers

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 15:37 ----------

Cancel last request. After a couple of forced restarts it all kicked back in to touch. Cheers

I received my upgrade notification from windows yesterday. (At last)

Went ahead with the installation, it took roughly around an hour before it finished jiggling with stuff.

There's some really neat features in it, and of course I welcome the old start button in it's familiar place (bottom left). I really hated the Win8 thing of having to move the cursor to the top right, and do 3 or 4 more other clicks to shut the damn thing down.

Early days first impressions are that I really like it, once you've tweaked it a little (like it insisting that 'bing' is the default search engine)

I received my upgrade notification from windows yesterday. (At last)

Went ahead with the installation, it took roughly around an hour before it finished jiggling with stuff.

There's some really neat features in it, and of course I welcome the old start button in it's familiar place (bottom left). I really hated the Win8 thing of having to move the cursor to the top right, and do 3 or 4 more other clicks to shut the damn thing down.

Early days first impressions are that I really like it, once you've tweaked it a little (like it insisting that 'bing' is the default search engine)

Glad the upgrade went smoothly for you. Tweaking windows 10 is a long and tedious task that can take hours.

You may find these sites valuable now you are running Windows 10.. Windows 10 Forums,Winareo and How to Geek

And Windows 8 you could shut down with one click... :)

Edited by lookleft