[RELEASED] Windows 10 - NEW THREAD

Just removed my HyperX and Vertex 3 SSD's as well as my Seagate Hybrid drive - booted from my Samsung 850 Evo which I installed a clean version of Windows 10 on it yesterday, which wouldn't activate saying the key is blocked (caused by MS servers being overloaded) and the OS is activated :P

So finally running of a clean installation, now install the apps I use

I went for a clean install on my main PC. Eventually it agreed that the key wasn't dodgy.

I'm just installing all the media server software to see how it copes with the job. I've spent most of the afternoon watching media scanners... what joy!

Not sure if it's me but it doesn't seem as fast as 7 or 8.1 on the same hardware. I'll let it all finish and image it. It's probably slow because it's working overtime at the moment.

mine seems fine, re-installing apps cleanly

There are only a few apps that can be uninstalled in Windows 10... afraid you are stuck with Xbox

As for Candy Crush I never even seen the app installed in 10

Its there, first thing I saw when opening the start button... and its now removed! Xbox live cant be yet though. Someone will come up with a way eventually.

All my other pc's have started to download via the icon (gwx exe) now rather than having to use the media tool but I will hold off for now.

One feature touted is that once one computer is updated any others on your network will get the files from that device as long as you don't delete the folders. Not sure how true this is though

My pal bought his laptop from Currys/PC World a little over 12 months ago, with W8 (I think) already loaded, but now upped to 8.1

Just rang me re W10, and doesn't know his 'product code' - there's no sticker on his laptop, there's no mention of it on his receipt, and the only guide it came with with a 'large piece of paper, folded in 4, with basic laptop operating instructions'.

So where's his Windows activation/product code, please?!

Not seen Candy Crush at all... but i'm looking for the Mine Craft they promised....

My pal bought his laptop from Currys/PC World a little over 12 months ago, with W8 (I think) already loaded, but now upped to 8.1

Just rang me re W10, and doesn't know his 'product code' - there's no sticker on his laptop, there's no mention of it on his receipt, and the only guide it came with with a 'large piece of paper, folded in 4, with basic laptop operating instructions'.

So where's his Windows activation/product code, please?!

Modern Windows 8 devices do not come with the regcode, its stored in the EFI partition I believe.

There are way to find it, but for the upgrade to Windows 10 you do not need it.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 01:56 ----------

Not seen Candy Crush at all... but i'm looking for the Mine Craft they promised....

You have to redeem Minecraft by logging into Mojang.

I was excited when I heard about it being native Windows 10, thought it might run better on my ASUS T100 than the Java version which really struggles.

But it won't even install because for some bizarre reason it requires 64bit. Even more mental, I hear its just a port of the pocket edition, which is makes the 64bit requirement even more mental.

Modern Windows 8 devices do not come with the regcode, its stored in the EFI partition I believe.

There are way to find it, but for the upgrade to Windows 10 you do not need it.

---------- Post added 31-07-2015 at 01:56 ----------

You have to redeem Minecraft by logging into Mojang.

I was excited when I heard about it being native Windows 10, thought it might run better on my ASUS T100 than the Java version which really struggles.

But it won't even install because for some bizarre reason it requires 64bit. Even more mental, I hear its just a port of the pocket edition, which is makes the 64bit requirement even more mental.

yeah - found that out, and done it....

and yeah, it requires 64bit because in the java version, it relied on java 64bit for better performance (due to java x64 being able to multi thread properly)

so to make it easier, they just ported the x64 version :)

Lazyness tbh....

The last I checked the Java version ran fine on 32bit.

Also if this is indeed the pocket version, that also runs on 32bit as very few mobiles are 64bit right now.

So I really do not see what is going on here.

The last I checked the Java version ran fine on 32bit.

Also if this is indeed the pocket version, that also runs on 32bit as very few mobiles are 64bit right now.

So I really do not see what is going on here.

It's not the pocket version, seems full to me... (all-be-it not everything is in, think they are adding as they go like the original did)

Good to know, I had just read people claiming it was pocket version in the reviews - I guess they forgot it said "beta".

I haven't installed it as I was only interested on my tablet that struggles with the Java version (like you said, I don't think it multi-threads very well on 32bit) as my gaming machine is mostly in Linux where the Java version works fine.

That said, I'm a sucker for achievements......

Any Ideas how I can get Cortana voice up and running, on a laptop after the windows 10 upgrade. After googling, I am going around in circles. I get the "not supported in your region message". Then sometimes "Cortana is disabled by company policy" . Current user, welcome screen, new user account all set to English. As is region. There is also no microphone icon showing in the search bar. Any ideas would be what else I could try