[RELEASED] Windows 10 - NEW THREAD

I have win8.1 running atm and have win10 ready to go (so to speak). If I install win10 does my photos, docs etc get wiped or do they stay? Please help me ?!?!?!?

They stay!

They stay!

Brilliant, thanks for the swift reply :)

If I am not back in 3 days send out a search party with parkin, fishcake butties and a flask o' tea :hihi:

I read that you will no longer be able to view DVDs and that not be able to play the classic versions of Minesweeper and Solitaire.Anyone tried yet?

Thought so! Anyway, I'm now back on Windows 8.1 Glad I always make an image to revert back to as the Recovery option in Windows 10 failed yet again error message - You can't revert back to your previous OS as files are missing. :hihi:

Third time now on Windows 10 I've had problems going back...

My advice would be to make an image first before upgrading.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 18:13 ----------

Here you go

Thank you.

I did download the link from the Windows site but it's not a disk image. How do I install burn it to disk and run it?

Brilliant, thanks for the swift reply :)

If I am not back in 3 days send out a search party with parkin, fishcake butties and a flask o' tea :hihi:

I'd back up all your photos and documents just in case.

for reference it might not just be in $WINDOWS.~BT, mine was at 4.09gb - I went and downloaded the image from MS to create an install usb stick and this download 2.67gb and now when check drive it shows $Windows.~WS which contain the install files

When you create the media from the tool the installation files on USB are less than 4GB

I'm debating whether to just perform a clean install on a new drive and leave my Windows 8.1 Pro drive with the OS incase decide to revert back

Edited by walkerx

For anyone installing Windows 10, I'd suggest you do a clean install. Microsoft has released the full clean install ISO's now too:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/download-windows-10-official-iso-files-488014.shtml

*edit* So investigating further, Microsoft HAD released the ISO's but has now pulled them. Make of that what you will.

Edited by ShefStealth

For anyone installing Windows 10, I'd suggest you do a clean install. Microsoft has released the full clean install ISO's now too:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/download-windows-10-official-iso-files-488014.shtml

*edit* So investigating further, Microsoft HAD released the ISO's but has now pulled them. Make of that what you will.

No they haven't - use the link it my previous post, it takes you directly to the MS downloads for Windows 10 - I performed the download just before my post and just checked the link and it's still available

No they haven't - use the link it my previous post, it takes you directly to the MS downloads for Windows 10 - I performed the download just before my post and just checked the link and it's still available

Like you say, definitely still available for download. I used the same link downloaded 40 minutes ago.

Before you all upgrade you might want to look at the privacy conditions that Microsoft have just updated.

https://edri.org/microsofts-new-small-print-how-your-personal-data-abused/

If you want to sign your private life over to a US corporation with the morals of a skunk and no effective legal remedy feel free.

also, imho, Softpedia can disappear any time they like. The day i visit that site will never be.

What you're posting isn't the full rtm iso though, which does exist but has now been pulled, and this was my point. I never said windows 10 wasn't available, just that they are forcing you to use their media tool to do a clean install so that they can track installations.