[RELEASED] Windows 10 - NEW THREAD

Well been using the full version of Windows 10 32-bit for a couple of days now.

Edge (replacement for IE but could be argued it is redesigned using the web-kit engine like that one from Japan. When I went to the Zorin forum and I tried to post a reply I got a bad gateway error - problem resolved by installing Firefox! I also installed Comodo Internet Security and each time I boot up I keep getting a warning that Windows Defender is turned off! And to check System and Maintenance on the App that has replaced it! Because it is free you only get 4 wallpapers and no themes for where you live (no biggy but there are no themes as such it would appear. Have signed up for future insider releases which will wipe everything off on future installs! :hihi:

Now installed on my pc and it seems to be running fine with no problems and it has some nice touches. It kept everything that I had installed on windows 8.1. Well pleased.

This applies to low storage tablets mainly.

I don't think I've ever seen anything as stupid in my life. Onedrive wants to fully sync with the tablet. Doesn't that sort of defeat the object in having cloud storage?

If I've got it wrong, please correct me. I've hunted high and low in the settings but unless I sync the folder fully, it's a no go. No place holder or anything to show the folder is even on the Onedrive. No setting like in 8 where you could select "Online Only" I couldn't even see a way to switch it to store on SD. Again defeating the object but would have been a work round for now.

Not so much a problem on PC but for tablets and more so Windows phones, it's a massive short coming by MS.

Oh well, tablet back on 8.1 (with working Onedrive)

MOD NOTE: I have started this thread to keep the post-release info separate from the other thread...

The previous thread can be found Here

I have closed the previous thread also..

if you want to do a clean install then go to lifehacker dot com and search for 'clean install of windows 10'. I'd post the link but, brand noobie!

or, figger this:

lifehacker.com how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10-1720775893

- put a slash twixt com and how...

if you want to do a clean install then go to lifehacker dot com and search for 'clean install of windows 10'. I'd post the link but, brand noobie!

or, figger this:

lifehacker.com how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10-1720775893

- put a slash twixt com and how...

Unless I'm missing something, then you still need to upgrade then clean install.

Unless I'm missing something, then you still need to upgrade then clean install.

you're not missing anything. that's right, upgrade 1st and then clean inst.

I think you use your Windows 7/8 key - this seems a good article with some useful links on it :

http://www.windowscentral.com/official-windows-10-iso-files-now-available-download

I have no idea what my Windows 8.1 serial was though? Box was destroyed by the dog. Any suggestions? Can I upgrade or will it bugger evrything up?

you're not missing anything. that's right, upgrade 1st and then clean inst.

Thought so! Anyway, I'm now back on Windows 8.1 Glad I always make an image to revert back to as the Recovery option in Windows 10 failed yet again error message - You can't revert back to your previous OS as files are missing. :hihi:

Third time now on Windows 10 I've had problems going back...

My advice would be to make an image first before upgrading.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 18:13 ----------

I have no idea what my Windows 8.1 serial was though? Box was destroyed by the dog. Any suggestions? Can I upgrade or will it bugger evrything up?

Here you go

Ok not very good with tech stuff but can't find the answer on the microsoft site so will ask a dumbass ? here because I find that Sheffield techers seem more Noob friendly ;) ...............

I have win8.1 running atm and have win10 ready to go (so to speak). If I install win10 does my photos, docs etc get wiped or do they stay? Please help me ?!?!?!?