What kind of body do you aspire to?

Was looking at this daily mail article about britains fittest couple.

Men do you aspire to look like this bloke?

women would you aspire to look like that girl?http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3048506/Is-Britain-s-FITTEST-couple-Meet-partners-eat-sleep-train-day-meeting-Instagram.html

Or is it all a bit silly, and you really don't care about lookimg like that?

I think he looks a bit too skinny personally.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 13:21 ----------

Both of them!

I would love to have a figure like that!! I like the Victoria Beckham kind of figure, however myself and my other half regularly discuss this and he says most men don't like skinny women, they much prefer curves.

I'm a size 10/12, go to the gym most days and do weight watchers so am not obese by any means, but I do have quite big hips which I really despise, but my other half says that is womanly rather than boy like, which he thinks most supermodels figures are.

On the other hand, I agree with you that the guy in this article is too thin, I like a bit of meat on a man, something to cuddle up to and I think it's just more manly.

They both look fairly fit, in my opinion. That’s fit in the health sense, not fit in the ‘I would’ sense by the way :P

I do quite a lot of training - lifting and cardio, and I don’t particularly aspire to that girl’s shape… I just aim to get fitter. I prefer my man with a nice layer of something to snuggle with though - so yeah, I also agree with you - he is slightly too slim for me!

I thought that as well - PhD is a decent company for sports nutrition though. At least they aren’t promoting those silly (and sometimes dangerous!) dieting pills...

Aspire? No. They do look lean though and I certainly wouldn't say skinny. You can look as fit as a fiddle but if you're a minger no amount of workout will improve your looks ascetic facially. They both have that advantage even if they weren't attractive fitness wise.

Probably fit but skinny

Edited by cassity

They both look fairly fit, in my opinion. That’s fit in the health sense, not fit in the ‘I would’ sense by the way :P

I do quite a lot of training - lifting and cardio, and I don’t particularly aspire to that girl’s shape… I just aim to get fitter. I prefer my man with a nice layer of something to snuggle with though - so yeah, I also agree with you - he is slightly too slim for me!

I had a tapered v shape when 23 or 24 just like that fella, low body fat.

I think naturally you gain thickness and bulk as you get older. I rarely see a guy in his 30s upwards who looks like that, especially not all year round

although it is possible with diet and training mens health style but who can be bothered?

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 13:41 ----------

Yes its all link bait. Just ignore it. Am not promoting those products!

I had a tapered v shape when 23 or 24 just like that fella, low body fat.

I think naturally you gain thickness and bulk as you get older. I rarely see a guy in his 30s upwards who looks like that, especially not all year round

although it is possible with diet and training mens health style but who can be bothered?

I know what you mean - my ‘cushioning’ has gotten more stubborn about shifting since I hit 30 as well :(

I think it is important to be bothered though. Not purely for looks - that would be shallow/vain, but for health reasons, it’s definitely worth the effort.

I know what you mean - my ‘cushioning’ has gotten more stubborn about shifting since I hit 30 as well :(

I think it is important to be bothered though. Not purely for looks - that would be shallow/vain, but for health reasons, it’s definitely worth the effort.

I think so. For health reasons and to look good naked!

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 13:53 ----------

For 45 hugh jackman looks awesome

http://collegetimes.com/2014/08/14/best-body

I think the only people who really look like that are professional athletes and personal trainers.

Everyone else is too busy with their own life to spend so much time in the gym.

I think the only people who really look like that are professional athletes and personal trainers.

It takes a commitment to look like that, diet, training, possible for anyone of any age but harder as you get older

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 14:03 ----------

I used to work with a lady who entered a fitness model comp at 50.

she trained solid for 2 years, eat chicken and broccoli and protein shakes and got to some ridiculously low body fat. She came 6th I believe.

Spending a lot of time in the gym and aspiring physically probably has a lot to do with how they need to be perceived outside the gym...the 'beautiful people' n stuff.