Chinese / Japanese Diet And Weight loss.

I'm trying out an idea I need to lose two stone in weight, Iv tired low fat, low carb and ever diet in-between some gave the promised results to a point others failed at the first hurdle. So I turned my eyes to the Far East to see how they fair, China and Japan's diet looks fairly healthy don't see many obese Chinese or Japanese. Its going to be interesting to see if this works, I'm doing traditional dishes not the fast food and try as much as possible to stick to every day foods nothing fancy. As anyone tired this approach, any tips I would love to hear from any Chinese or Japanese people on there every day diet and cooking methods. Also where is the best place to buy products?

.... don't see many obese Chinese or Japanese.

Perhaps a trip a good optician would not go amiss.

Yes there are a lot of people in sheffield these days from the Far East who are mostly not overweight but I'd also point out most of them are young students.

Most of the ones you see on travel shows work hard in physical jobs and would love to be able to afford to eat well enough to put weight on.

Diet, exercise and/or liposuction is the only way that works long term.

In traditional japan they don't eat half the much crap that they do when over here.

The Chinese do eat a lot of rice, chicken, fish and vegetables. (mostly steamed). I do advice a Chicken Katsu Curry (Japanese Chicken Curry). Don't have it from Wagamama it's full of added stuff and very fattening there. Cook it from scratch, it's simple and VERY nice.

https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/301-japanese-chicken-katsu-curry

Is the reciepe i use - i've also eaten there in London and can fully say, it's damn nice. If you don't want to make the sauce from scratch, go to Tai Sun just off the moor. They do a Golden Sun Curry Sauce Cubes *Roux* that make the above dish very nicely.

If you are going to follow the Japanese diet route then you will need to master the art of making tofu taste like real food, as they eat a very soya heavy diet (edemame beans are soya beans, tofu is soya bean curd etc) compared to us.

They also cook reverently, treating the art of cooking as important as the result, meaning that portion sizes are small, very well presented and eaten slowly, with several courses. This means that meals are longer and slower events than ours typically are, and research on diet shows that this could be important in weight loss.

If we sit down with a full plate and eat until the plate is empty we're very likely to eat more than we would do if we ate the Japanese way. The 'I'm full' signal is thought to take at least 15 minutes (or 30 minutes, depending on which research you read) to get from stomach to mouth and everything you eat in that time is calories that you really don't need. This is responsible for when you feel half an hour after finishing eating that you are uncomfortably full. Consequently, if you eat slowly and pause between courses this means that you will get the message to stop eating when you have eaten less calories than you would otherwise.

If the food that you're eating is also healthy (no special fried rice or banana fritters) then that will help out too.

Good luck on the weight loss :)