Radio 5 live presenters

Well, this is a first.

I used to listen to 5 live quite a bit but some things have been bugging me lately, I know I'm not the most articulate person on the forum, but these people get paid for talking, presenters and reporters.

Who can't put a sentence together without umming and erring all the time, some of the worst are Chris Warburton, Peter Allen and Rod Sharp.

Starting every sentence with, basically, saying yer know, at the end of the day, they'll soon be saying, he turned round, then it will be like the Jeremy Kyle show.

And why do they play music behind reports? Is it just to stop me hearing?

Sorry about the rant but I had to start somewhere.

I regularly used to listen to the morning show Victoria Derbyshire presented and found it informative and she was an excellent interviewer.

True, she was but don't even get me going on Rooooobert Peeeeeeeston.

when they started out 5 could be inspired. Once I remember they read out a news item with Iggy Pop's 'Lust For Life' on in the background. Brilliant.

True, she was but don't even get me going on Rooooobert Peeeeeeeston.

You know why he speaks like that don't you?

You know why he speaks like that don't you?

Are you confusing him with Andrew Marr?

Terrible radio station. Even Talksport is better which is saying something.

when they started out 5 could be inspired. Once I remember they read out a news item with Iggy Pop's 'Lust For Life' on in the background. Brilliant.

There was one summer when all their jingles were Smashing Pumpkins songs. :)

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 20:39 ----------

Well, this is a first.

I used to listen to 5 live quite a bit but some things have been bugging me lately, I know I'm not the most articulate person on the forum, but these people get paid for talking, presenters and reporters.

Who can't put a sentence together without umming and erring all the time, some of the worst are Chris Warburton, Peter Allen and Rod Sharp.

Starting every sentence with, basically, saying yer know, at the end of the day, they'll soon be saying, he turned round, then it will be like the Jeremy Kyle show.

And why do they play music behind reports? Is it just to stop me hearing?

Sorry about the rant but I had to start somewhere.

They had a big clearout of 'talent' last year and the people they brought in, particularly for the early afternoon slot, are just terrible. Before I really stopped listening to FiveLive I heard them doing some interviews with famous people and the questions they were asking were clearly just things they'd cribbed from Wikipedia. There was also no structure to the interviews, they were clearly reading their questions from a list and not really listening to the answers.

I've decamped to LBC. James O'Brien is lots of fun.

6 Music does for me, but some of their presenters leave a lot to be desired.

Adrian Chiles is dismal on 5live. I can't find a good radio station full stop these days.