Good portion sizes?

Just had a great meal at The Plough at Bradfield. 26 meals served and all very good value for money. Oh and a nice choice of ales to wash them down.

The Horn in Bradfield do immense portions & amazing food too

I had a Sunday carvery about 6 months ago, poor. The desserts were huge but bland. I'd rather pay more and have smaller portions of decent food than fodder like this.

You do get massive portion but I agree it can be hit and miss I've never had a desert so I can't comment.

This place is my favourite for Sunday lunch

Proper home cooked food

http://www.twinoakshotel.co.uk

Edited by allwednesday

I'll start the opposite thread some day. I like the places that serves smallish portions of good food.

Smoke, I had the Brisket plate - which consisted of two pieces of brisket, 5 burnt ends, chips, small side of gravy, and a side of my choice. Normally, I would have thought that was nothing, but the quality of the food makes it filling.

all you can eat buffet.

are really good you get a lot for your money.

Chez Lahlou, not been for quite a while but last time I went I had the Fillet on croute (I think that's what it was called) I thought I had got a family size pie !!

Was loverly though but I couldn't finish it all....and I can eat!!

all you can eat buffet.

are really good you get a lot for your money.

Salmonella in a dish

The Horn in Bradfield do immense portions & amazing food too

Been there today, have they changed their chef? It wasn't as good as the last time we went 3 or 4 months ago.

26 meals? You really have an appetite! :help:

It was a sharing platter. I shared with 25 other people.

Tropeiros in Leopold Square is nice - its all you can eat steak/chicken & gammon that they bring to your table - they will slice off the different cuts of meat onto you plate, you get a card which you turn red if you want them to stop offering you meat. They also have a salad bar and a few warm sides like potatoes.

Another place is Fazendas in Leeds, same concept as above but we find it better quality and a much nicer restaurant decor wise - this place is amazing, they even bring chips to your table - we prefer this place to the above and find it great for celebrations. Its £29pp in the evening but is well worth the price and the trip to Leeds.

Tropeiros in Leopold Square is nice - its all you can eat steak/chicken & gammon that they bring to your table - they will slice off the different cuts of meat onto you plate, you get a card which you turn red if you want them to stop offering you meat. They also have a salad bar and a few warm sides like potatoes.

Another place is Fazendas in Leeds, same concept as above but we find it better quality and a much nicer restaurant decor wise - this place is amazing, they even bring chips to your table - we prefer this place to the above and find it great for celebrations. Its £29pp in the evening but is well worth the price and the trip to Leeds.

Might have to try that this week. Just looked at their website and I'm sure I will be able to have a go at all 12 meats

Edited by SYorksDeano

Yes its worth trying them all - I always end the meal by having more pieces of my favorite ones. Hope you enjoy. If you like it there you should try and get to Fazenda's in Leeds, they have 15 different cuts including Fillet and will ask you how you want it cooked, which I thought was a nice touch.

Can't beat the old Pho 68 on London Road - think it's changed its name now but massive portions!