Good portion sizes?

Agree with elmwood farm, have a starter and main course and then try and tackle one of their massive desserts, i think their about 3 or 4 pound each but they are huge.

.......and of very poor quality :gag:

I generally associate places that overwhelm with portion size underwhelm with quality, unless its expensive.

Perhaps somewhere like Smoke BBQ may be a good choice - you can get big platters of BBQ meat and sides to share that offer a good fill without compromising too much on quality.

I second smoke.

Went in on saturday and got the brisket platter. i barely finished half of it. soooooooooo good. if i wasnt heading out for tramlines would have asked for a take away bag.

Kashmiri Aromi on Woodseats. A nice setting, quality food, good service. What more can a man want?

I'll start the opposite thread some day. I like the places that serves smallish portions of good food.

I'll start the opposite thread some day. I like the places that serves smallish portions of good food.

and outrageous prices for kids portions! :hihi:

The Staindrop Lodge Brasserie, but even bigger portions at Chez La Lou.

Totally agree with Chez Lalhou.

Hope the food tastes better than it looks on the website. Some of those plates look a bit grim...

Just had a great meal at The Plough at Bradfield. 26 meals served and all very good value for money. Oh and a nice choice of ales to wash them down.

Venus at dinnington is my all time favourite place they do a brilliant set menu which is £40 for two people. It's 4 course and is amazing. Silver service as well.

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 22:52 ----------

Hope the food tastes better than it looks on the website. Some of those plates look a bit grim...

I thought that. The animated frogs put me straight off to be honest lol

Just had a great meal at The Plough at Bradfield. 26 meals served and all very good value for money. Oh and a nice choice of ales to wash them down.

26 meals? You really have an appetite! :help:

.......and of very poor quality :gag:

Out of curiosity when did you last eat up at the Elwood and what did you have.

Out of curiosity when did you last eat up at the Elwood and what did you have.

I had a Sunday carvery about 6 months ago, poor. The desserts were huge but bland. I'd rather pay more and have smaller portions of decent food than fodder like this.