Zimbabwe's most famous lion, Cecil, is shot.

No the place to start is to try and raise awareness of the destruction we all cause by buying products that are produced in a way that destroys ecosystems. Palm oil is one such product that is in everything.

But how would that resolve the problem adrea was concerned with which is increasing population. Unless of course palm oil is an important contraception?

I think some people are putting in a heck of a lot of effort to make Walter Palmer's customers aware of his outside interests

http://www.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-bloomington?start=40

Don't forget his reviews on Google+ https://plus.google.com/112094534441730873655/about?hl=en

And his Youtube channel where he "believes in care"

But how would that resolve the problem adrea was concerned with which is increasing population. Unless of course palm oil is an important contraception?

The overall point is that cecil is getting a lot of media attention and other things aren't that are of much greater concern, be it rising population (which we can do little about) and destruction of ecosystems (which we can all do something about through consumer choice). I'm not going to get into a typical forum nit picking argument over minor details.

Edited by TimmyR

The overall point is that cecil is getting a lot of media attention and other things aren't that are of much greater concern, be it rising population (which we can do little about) and destruction of ecosystems (which we can all do something about through consumer choice). I'm not going to get into a typical forum nit picking argument over minor details.

Which both get a substantial amount of media attention. Maybe if Neanderthal man with his bow and arrow had donated the 40k (consumer choice) to something more worthwhile other than sticking the head of a lion above his mantle piece his PR team may not be getting such a rough ride, along with him.

The overall point is the beast got a lot of attention..4 agonizing unjustifiable days of it.

Well TBH neither was I, as I pointed out in my reply, but it was you that decided to deflect and "correct" my perfectly valid addition to adreas point about population growth