Zimbabwe's most famous lion, Cecil, is shot.

In order for high self esteem you have to execute something, therefore he has high self esteem.

Not sure what you mean by that?

I'm not sure there's a link between having high self esteem, and needing to execute something.

In fact, I'd think the reverse is true; people who need to kill, in order to feel empowered, are acually missing something, psyhcologically or emotionally; they're not healthy well happy content individuals. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure there's a link between having high self esteem, and needing to execute something.

In fact, I'd think the reverse is true; people who need to kill, in order to feel empowered, are actually missing something, psyhcologically or emotionally; they're not healthy well happy content individuals. Just my opinion.

I'd go further, and say that if they need to shoot animals in the face to feel good, they must be severely lacking in other facets of life. Or are they are just psychopaths?

They may claim"it's legal". But so were other things in the past, like having sex with children, holding slaves and beating your wives.

In fact, I'd think the reverse is true; people who need to kill, in order to feel empowered, are acually missing something, psyhcologically or emotionally; they're not healthy well happy content individuals. Just my opinion.

"missing something, psychologically or emotionally; they're not healthy well happy content individuals". You've just described a large proportion of the human race, but for some reason the vast majority of those psychologically or emotionally lacking individuals don't go around stalking and executing something or someone for kicks. It's as though we, you and I have a collective psychological boundary even when suffering from it. So you have to ask yourself..what does it take for a man to go beyond that boundary and hunt down an animal (particularly a Lion in this case) and execute it in a manner no other species does, and paying 30+k for it..not forgetting we are at the top of the species ladder.

A trophy is a reward for a specific achievement, which this animal was, a trophy..Again you have to ask yourself, was it an achievement in the sense of effort, skill, and courage? Headcases like this think their creative because they've outwitted their pray..big balls is easy when behind a Browning BAR Mk. II or whatever .

"missing something, psychologically or emotionally; they're not healthy well happy content individuals". You've just described a large proportion of the human race, but for some reason the vast majority of those psychologically or emotionally lacking individuals don't go around stalking and executing something or someone for kicks. It's as though we, you and I have a collective psychological boundary even when suffering from it. So you have to ask yourself..what does it take for a man to go beyond that boundary and hunt down an animal (particularly a Lion in this case) and execute it in a manner no other species does, and paying 30+k for it..not forgetting we are at the top of the species ladder.

A trophy is a reward for a specific achievement, which this animal was, a trophy..Again you have to ask yourself, was it an achievement in the sense of effort, skill, and courage? Headcases like this think their creative because they've outwitted their pray..big balls is easy when behind a Browning BAR Mk. II or whatever .

That sums it up. Nice one!

How many of you people so enraged by this shooting quite happily buy mass produced pork? The suffering of this lion is tiny compared to thousands of pigs in tiny cages. And I know most of you will buy products containing palm oil - the huge demand for which causes destruction of vast tracts of forest and the near extinction of animals such as the orangutan.

https://orangutan.org/rainforest/the-effects-of-palm-oil/

But that never gets any media attention does it.

How many of you people so enraged by this shooting quite happily buy mass produced pork? The suffering of this lion is tiny compared to thousands of pigs in tiny cages. And I know most of you will buy products containing palm oil - the huge demand for which causes destruction of vast tracts of forest and the near extinction of animals such as the orangutan.

https://orangutan.org/rainforest/the-effects-of-palm-oil/

But that never gets any media attention does it.

It would be nice to see the same level of outrage aimed at the expansion of the human population which causes the suffering and extinction of thousands of other species.

It would be nice to see the same level of outrage aimed at the expansion of the human population which causes the suffering and extinction of thousands of other species.

Well if you want to start picketing the local maternity ward.....

The place to start there then is the religions and cultures that ban contraception, and the organisations that attack abortion clinics. But thats a whole different thread which I am sure you will find plenty of on the furum

That is another example of a problem we all face, however I question whether there's much we can do about it, other than not have any children.

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 09:45 ----------

The place to start there then is the religions and cultures that ban contraception, and the organisations that attack abortion clinics. But thats a whole different thread which I am sure you will find plenty of on the furum

No the place to start is to try and raise awareness of the destruction we all cause by buying products that are produced in a way that destroys ecosystems. Palm oil is one such product that is in everything.

Edited by TimmyR

Cassity doesn't either.

:hihi:

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 10:44 ----------

"missing something, psychologically or emotionally; they're not healthy well happy content individuals"..

So the local dentist is psycho hmm, his customers should be made aware.

So the local dentist is psycho hmm, his customers should be made aware.

Why the hell are you attributing a quote by someone else to me?

But, considering the manner in which it was executed and the time it took to die, not to mention its cubs possibly being killed by a rival male..yes, I would say psycho, along with a few other expletives. It's the result of what happens when you think you're bigger than nature for your own amusement.

If you wish to agree or disagree with me then fire away rather than jumping in with smart arse quips then running off like the apologist you are.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_the_lion_hunt_47/?tGTHpbb

Edited by cassity