Zimbabwe's most famous lion, Cecil, is shot.

Wonder how many animals he saved.

This article on Buzzfeed shows exactly how much hunting is involved in killing a lion.

Killing a lion is cowardly.

Sad sad pathetic inadequate losers. Take their guns off them and make them hunt, see hoe they like it then.

Honestly people sometimes make me want to puke!.

The US dentist confirmed to have killed Cecil says he is "upset".

More like distraught he's been globally named and shamed.

I see pictures of Walter Palmer's wife and kids are starting to circulate on the Internet. I wonder how he feels now when he see's the innocent people around him getting sucked into this.

.just looking at the US news its like he's killied Mickey Mouse at Disneyland.

btw/

Why do these people need to hunt in the first place? He must have such low self-esteem if he has to kill animals to feel good about himself.

Edited by johncocker

btw/

Why do these people need to hunt in the first place? He must have such low self-esteem if he has to kill animals to feel good about himself.

I think that's the point. In order for high self esteem you have to execute something, therefore he has high self esteem.

Or it could be sexual. :suspect:

I reckon I could get £1,000 a shield for mounting pieces of Walter Palmer. Anyone want a shield to order?

I think that's the point. In order for high self esteem you have to execute something, therefore he has high self esteem.

Really you are ill informed or of flawed opinion.

I always thought sport was been both teams/person, that there is an equal opportunity to win, I've never seen 2 boxers enter the ring, 1 with a knife and the other with his hands tied behind his back. So how on earth can this be called a sport, let call it what it is, an execution

It was a 35k execution. That will be the going rate for a lion. The Elephant, Cape Buffalo, Leopard and the Black/White Rhinoceros complete the big five which Hunters the world over pay dearly to shoot. The money is supposed to help the community, plus they get the meat to scoff.

Angel1.

It was a 35k execution. That will be the going rate for a lion, Elephant, Cape Buffalo, Leopard and the Black/White Rhinoceros complete the big five which Hunters the world over pay dearly to shoot. The money is supposed to help the community, plus they get the meat to scoff.

Angel1.

Oh, that one.

The £35k made by one private hunting company and the landowner is the same made in a week by a lodge in the National Park housing tourists who pay in excess of £5k to see and photograph the animals.

So, in 13 years of life Cecil made £23660000 by being alive, but he only made £35,000 by being shot. It's doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out he was worth more alive than dead.

Time's his worth by six if you consider his cubs, which could have gone on to make millions, but will probably be dead by now.

Yes, I do sometimes wonder what most psychiatrists would have to say about those who can't control the need to destroy, or witness the destruction of some other living thing, for fun.

It's a good question...

I think it's probably hard to quantify; different animals inspire different levels of awe and reverence in people, maybe we consider certain animals to be more nobel or something?

There's also the significant issue of *why* an animal is being killed. If it's just to feed a persons' ego, then other people (myself included) tend not to like that.

Very good question. Many of us would happily squash a spider.

Really you are ill informed or of flawed opinion.

Must be a sexual thing then.

Edited by cassity