Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

People with a skill set arranging and being encouraged to come to the UK - not that I agree with it, but it is entirely beside the point.

DC was not talking about the illegals hanging around Calais and knifing their way onto wagons.

Dont know if youve ever been to a london hotel before? Not by the sounds of things.

Dont know if youve ever been to a london hotel before? Not by the sounds of things.

My club in London doesn't employ illegals

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 12:06 ----------

Ron Jeremy specifically said "illegals" not immigrants...

And so did the OP - this is what this thread about - illegal immigrants. Not the US MD of a multinational company coming here to run a massive business

Ron Jeremy specifically said "illegals" not immigrants...
True, but by reference to TJC1's post which you quoted, the NHS, the Police -even the UKBA!- all have form employing illegal immigrants themselves. Example, example <...>

To say nothing of the potential damage which populist-caused and -driven quick-fixesborkings may yet cause.

Just posting for a bit of balance.

True, but by reference to TJC1's post which you quoted, the NHS, the Police -even the UKBA!- all have form employing illegal immigrants themselves. Example, example <...>

To say nothing of the potential damage which populist-caused and -driven quick-fixesborkings may yet cause.

Just posting for a bit of balance.

They do indeed. Every service industry.

They do indeed. Every service industry.

They have to produce genuine documentation.

Immigrants are not terrorists. Dont be racist.

Retort of last resort.

I wondered how long it would take. When you cannot make a reasonable argument, play the race card.

This thread is about the trouble at Calais and the Eurotrain tunnel.

In case you missed earlier posts. Drivers have been threatened with guns and knives. One driver opened the back of his lorry and was chased by a group of people who had got inside,others have had stones and concrete blocks thrown at the lorries to make them stop. These so called Migrants/Immigrants are terrifying people who are using the port legally. This is terrorism.

Immigrants do not terrorise people, these are Terrorists.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 08:03 ----------

Overall immigrants make positive contribution

Whether immigrants overall make a positive contribution is neither here nor there, Most immigrants do not attack people going about their legitimate business. The People trying to get in by terrorist means will not be able to legally work here so they will not contribute. Many immigrants come by legal means and have the right to work here or obtain a work permit. They contribute in a positive way to our society and pay their dues to maintain services. Where do you think these terrorists will be heading to hide out. do you think they will pay Council Tax to maintain our local services or National Insurance to help with National Health Service costs or Income Tax to help support Those who are unable to support themselves. Fat chance. They have already shown their attitude to an ordered society.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 08:05 ----------

Many great things come from immigration. Britain is multi cultural.

Many great things do come from immigration but only legal immigration.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 15:17 ----------

I was in a London hotel in March. There were no Doctors, Paramedics, Nurses, Radiologists or even trained medical secretaries and receptionists or even trained medical porters needed. :hihi:

Edited by Margarita Ma

I was in a London hotel in March. There were no Doctors, Paramedics, Nurses, Radiologists or even trained medical secretaries and receptionists or even trained medical porters needed. :hihi:

I was at one with Nigerian porters, god knows where the maids were from.

Did they have all the necessary papers? Mmmm

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 15:16 ----------

No one can guess how many illegals there are, working in various places

Invaders and immigrants. Where do you think we came from?

When my ancestors arrived in Britain there was no one here to invade and it wasn't a country so they couldn't have been immigrants.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 18:05 ----------

I refer you to this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Sceptred-Isle-55BC-1901/dp/0563383844/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Starting with the Romans, we were invaded by countless tribes and armies.

The Romans and other invaders left very little of their DNA in Britain, most British people are not the descendants of invaders or immigrants.

When my ancestors arrived in Britain there was no one here to invade and it wasn't a country so they couldn't have been immigrants.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 18:05 ----------

The Romans and other invaders left very little of their DNA in Britain, most British people are not the descendants of invaders or immigrants.

I'm afraid that you cannot seriously be saying that all your ancestors arrived in the first wave of settlers, you're cherry picking which ancestors that you're deciding to look at to suit your agenda.

The largest employer being our national health service the NHS, which would not function without immigration.

Over 200 nationalities in NHS.

How long you think it takes to train a doctor? If you take immigrants out it would crumble.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 10:20 ----------

http://news.sky.com/story/1155532/nhs-has-immigration-saved-the-health-service

Quote:

In his immigration speech in March, Prime Minister David Cameron said: "Our country has benefited immeasurably from immigration.

"If you go into any hospital you'll find people from Uganda, India and Pakistan who are caring for our sick and vulnerable."

You can't seriously believe that the NHS would not exist if the UK had not had access to immigrants, or that the UK is incapable of training medical staff for the future needs of the NHS.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 18:21 ----------

I'm afraid that you cannot seriously be saying that all your ancestors arrived in the first wave of settlers, you're cherry picking which ancestors that you're deciding to look at to suit your agenda.

No I'm not saying that all my ancestors arrived in the first wave of settlers, a few did and the rest were born here.

There are only a small number of people in Calais. Its not as if millions of people are trying to get into Britain from Calais.

It wouldn't hurt the economy of Britain in the slightest to take them all in and resolve the crisis in that way. It only seems fare, considering Britains imperialist past and present day military involvement in the countries many of the migrants are coming from.

You can't seriously believe that the NHS would not exist if the UK had not had access to immigrants, or that the UK is incapable of training medical staff for the future needs of the NHS.
Yes you can. The NHS has been served by immigrant workers since it started, and it would have fallen apart long ago without them. Edited by janie48