Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

Guest sibon
Have you tried opening a bank account recently?

Or getting a job?

Great idea! Why don't you and your Mrs pop over there with a boat and sell rides at five hundred quid a pop?

That's not as much as the poor, starving illegals pay from Libya.

before you start your usual insulting rants accusing people of being dumb have a google at what the goverment in australia as recently achieved in stopping the boats.

Odd, not sure what 'usual insulting rants' those would be. Regarding the Australian government, they have far, far less water-traffic than the UK gets. Something to do with distance. Even so, the point is this: These migrants want to come to the UK for a reason, you actually mention one key-reason:

The UK's lack of identity cards is a significant draw for illegal migrants. For a nation that has grown used to being snooped on it seems odd that introducing ID cards is apparently not even on the table.

Just on one or two occasions I've seen TV reporters asking migrants what is the lure of Britain for them. On each occasion there have been two elements to this country's attraction. One is the English language. , more people speak at least some English as a second language than speak any other European tongue. Natural, then, that they should prefer here.

But the other factors is that they've heard or been told that Britain is the only place in Europe where you don't have to produce an identity card to prove your entitlement to live and work in the country in order to get a job, or obtain accommodation,

And we totally agree there. Which is why I keep trying to explain that simply closing your ears and eyes to what is happening in Calais and saying "we don't want them here" is shortsighted and won't make the problem go away. Do I think that sort of behaviour is dumb? Yes. So perhaps you are right, I think Celia Paul epitomises the typical numpty who can't think further than they can see.

Great idea! Why don't you and your Mrs pop over there with a boat and sell rides at five hundred quid a pop?
do you know anyone selling a boat ? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Originally Posted by Halibut View Post

These poor people can afford it they've paid thousands to traffickers just to get to Calais.

The punishment has to be harsh enough to make the risk outweigh any potential reward. British prisons are not a deterrent to these people, nor are refugee holding centres.

The punishment for which crime? Being brown and trying to make a better life?

Are you really asking asking why can't we invade France?

Well the illegals do it easy enough.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 18:48 ----------

The punishment has to be harsh enough to make the risk outweigh any potential reward. British prisons are not a deterrent to these people, nor are refugee holding centres.

How many times? They are not refugees, they are economic migrants who've paid traffickers thousands.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 18:49 ----------

I think another "draw" of the UK for the "illegals" that have massed on the outskirts of Calais is that they've heard or been told that britain is the.

How do they manage to live whilst at Calais?

is entering a country not by proper channels not illegal then?

Stop trying to place the racist card, it is nothing to do with colour, I object to my taxes being used on them.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 18:53 ----------

Originally Posted by Halibut View Post

is entering a country not by proper channels not illegal then?

It would seem that according to Halibut that the only criminals are those who object to illegal immigrants and economic migrants.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 18:56 ----------

The BBC “ A Home Office spokesman said an additional £7m funding

will pay for 1.2 miles of new fencing at the Eurotunnel site at Coquelles.”

It looks like our fault ….. otherwise why would UK have to pay for something in Europe?

Seriously!

At that price it should be electric fencing.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 19:02 ----------

A good case for the foreign aid budget. We spend a lot on foreign aid but we need to spend it more smartly.

How much do we give Nigeria, ant idea.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 19:04 ----------

Being part of the EU makes no difference, these people are stuck in Calais because the UK does not have open borders. The country has done nowhere near enough though,.

Utter rubbish we owe these economic migrants nothing, plus the fact we've poured £Billions into their countries in overseas aid.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 19:06 ----------

That'd be chicken feed to the £thousands they've paid the traffickers.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 19:07 ----------

This is the issue, the Brits only see the Channel tunnel issues now, how many do you think come across each day on small boats? It will be exceeding the Channel Tunnel encampment by a considerable margin.

You seem very well informed?:suspect:

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 19:10 ----------

Put them on ships take them back to Africa, load them onto landing crafts and dump them on shore, any shore if they won't name their country of origin.

Stop trying to place the racist card, it is nothing to do with colour, I object to my taxes being used on them.

Who, brown people?

First and foremost they're human beings.

So is the guy who shot the lion in Zimbabwe.

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 19:14 ----------

What makes you think they aren't?

Do you have any idea how many times the "Calais camp" has been bulldozed over the years and its occupants 'rounded up'?

So who feeds and shelters them?

---------- Post added 29-07-2015 at 19:15 ----------

Who, brown people?

This topic is about illegal immigrants no matter what colour.

If you carry on with you racial insinuations I will report you to admin.

Would you like them to make a better life next door to you? thought not. :hihi: