Airgun Shooting in urban area

Youres were the unhelpful type posts i was talking about but we both know you knew that already.

The bird was black.

Unhelpful in which way?

Because I pointed out that actual (multiple) offences most likely were committed, rather than one poster's opinion that he should be banned for something that isn't an offence?

A crime has taken place, the question is, how many?

Allowing a round (or pellet) to stray off your land or the land you have permission to shoot on, is an offence.

Shooting within 15 metres of a public footpath/highway/bridleway is an offence, if it causes danger.

If the bird was a blackbird then it is not legal quarry and an offence has been committed.

If the "shooter" fired from someone else's land (ie, stepped over a neighbouring property's boundary to get a better shot) then it is armed trespass, a serious offence.

If the "shooter" is under 18 then both he/she and the parent(s) may have committed an offence by not supervising him/her or for not securing the air rifle away from him/her.

I could go on.

Clearly a firearms offence has been committed and as the first response you received (ChrisT70) advised , the police should have been informed.

"Report [the crime]

It is a serious offence to use an air rifle illegally, and the police will respond to any call.

If the crime is taking place or if there is any threat or danger to yourself or anyone else call 999 immediately.

If you wish to report a historic event then call the police on 101, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111"

From here... http://birdersagainst.org/air-rifles-and-the-law/

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 12:37 ----------

Perhaps you should stop trying to be the forums man of people, although I wouldn't expect anything less from someone with nearly ten thousand sad posts under their belt.

If somebody's spreading misinformation about a sport I used to enjoy, I will correct them on it. Be upset about that if you want, it doesn't really matter :)

Edited by RootsBooster

I want to say thank you to the people who have made constructive posts and a great big Jog on to the people who just cant help but nit pick and try to cause an argument.

Some of you should grow up, or get a life, or both.

Your welcome ??

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 23:14 ----------

Unhelpful in which way?

Because I pointed out that actual (multiple) offences most likely were committed, rather than one poster's opinion that he should be banned for something that isn't an offence?

Allowing a round (or pellet) to stray off your land or the land you have permission to shoot on, is an offence.

Shooting within 15 metres of a public footpath/highway/bridleway is an offence, if it causes danger.

If the bird was a blackbird then it is not legal quarry and an offence has been committed.

If the "shooter" fired from someone else's land (ie, stepped over a neighbouring property's boundary to get a better shot) then it is armed trespass, a serious offence.

If the "shooter" is under 18 then both he/she and the parent(s) may have committed an offence by not supervising him/her or for not securing the air rifle away from him/her.

I could go on.

Clearly a firearms offence has been committed and as the first response you received (ChrisT70) advised , the police should have been informed.

"Report [the crime]

It is a serious offence to use an air rifle illegally, and the police will respond to any call.

If the crime is taking place or if there is any threat or danger to yourself or anyone else call 999 immediately.

If you wish to report a historic event then call the police on 101, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111"

If somebody's spreading misinformation about a sport I used to enjoy, I will correct them on it. Be upset about that if you want, it doesn't really matter :)

? your boring me ?

Your welcome ??

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 23:14 ----------

Unhelpful in which way?

I could go on.

"Report [the crime]

? your boring me ?

Your use of emoticons and inabilty to use words would allow me to deduce a distinct lack of adequate education from you. I could also follow up with an inabilty to contribute to a discussion in a constructive way.

I have used a few long words there for you but you can use a dictionary. I am assuming that you know what on of them are.

In the mean time, please stop posting. You are a waste of fresh air.

Many thanks.

There was no 'offense' committed!

Discharging a firearm within 50ft of a highway

Carry firearm in public place without good cause

Carry firearm with criminal intent.

Armed trespass (if the shot was discharged over private land or weapon carried over)

Weapon loaded in a public place without good reason

Taking game contrary to permitted licence.

And that's just off the top of my head. I could probably find more.

There was no 'offense' committed!

There was if they fired over someone else's private property or over public property.

---------- Post added 18-10-2015 at 21:46 ----------

Discharging a firearm within 50ft of a highway

Carry firearm in public place without good cause

Carry firearm with criminal intent.

Armed trespass (if the shot was discharged over private land or weapon carried over)

Weapon loaded in a public place without good reason

Taking game contrary to permitted licence.

And that's just off the top of my head. I could probably find more.

More comprehensive answer already given I see :)

You should call the police as it is elegal to carry a fire arm in the street if you hadphoned the police straight away the fire arms unit would be traight up there

You should call the police as it is elegal to carry a fire arm in the street if you hadphoned the police straight away the fire arms unit would be traight up there

How do shooters get to and from their shooting grounds?

More comprehensive answer already given I see :)

Comprehensive maybe, but not strictly accurate.

It's illegal to carry it openly.

It should be transported in an appropriate container, which at the very least would be a bag, and ideally would be a bag in a locked car boot.

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 08:54 ----------

Comprehensive maybe, but not strictly accurate.

What was inaccurate about it?

It's illegal to carry it openly.

It should be transported in an appropriate container, which at the very least would be a bag, and ideally would be a bag in a locked car boot.

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 08:54 ----------

What was inaccurate about it?

Shooting within 50ft of a highway, although often quoted, is not, of itself, illegal.

I have a vague memory of reading that legislation, it's in metres these days though I think, and doesn't it depend on direction? On private land, shooting away from the public right of way is acceptable, shooting towards it is not... I'd have to look it up to be sure I was right though.

I do remember concluding that shooting targets in my parents garden as a teenager was probably illegal, as the garden wasn't large enough to not be shooting towards public land or someone elses garden or house.

Hi Timeh

Can you be a little more specific as to where this incident took place as I live on Newlands Grove and will keep an eye out.