Ziggy my guide dog has been attacked

Well it's happened again my guide dog Ziggy has been atacked

Buy an Akita who is owner didn't put her harness on properly and it sliped the harness

I made a beeline straight to Ziggy I am sick to death of a

iresponsible dog owners dogs attacking guide dogs I've had it with them

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Edited by fabcakes

Are guide dogs protected by law now hope ziggi is fine my dog weighs 8.5kg and he has been attacted 3times the last time the owner of the other dog said they attacked him because he is so small they thought he was prey .

Luckily enough she is fine if it hadn't been for my husband he had to kick and punch the dog to get it off her I kept dragin Ziggy out of the dogs way but it was adamant it was going to have her it got on top of her 3 times and pinned her down poor girl she looked so confused and upset the only reason it didn't manage to bite her is becourse

Tony kicked it off her

and all the owner could say was it's not the dogs fault or my foult yes I agree it's not the dogs foult it's your fault you're stupid cow for not having control of your dog

I was in that much of the State I didn't get the woman's details because he could have been dealt with by the police and guide dogs as it is now a criminal offence but without thinking I walked away we was just on our way to go into Witherspoons for something to eat in the end we just ended up going straight home and I cried all the way home and I was shaking like a leaf

Edited by fabcakes

You should have thumped the silly cow then had your husband say:

"It's not my wife's fault, it's your fault"

You should have thumped the silly cow then had your husband say:

"It's not my wife's fault, it's your fault"

When I left & got home there was all things going through

my head

the things I should have said

but I did give her what for before leaving

all she could say was it wasn't her fault......

.....so who's bloody fault is then

a dog will onley do what you allow them to do &

this women clearly had no control of her dog :loopy::loopy::suspect:

Edited by fabcakes

Hope your dog is ok if this woman is seen again she should be report as she has committed an offence by having a dangerous dog out of control and letting it attack a guide dog.

Very emotional day today I had to talk to the police , guide dogs & my guide dog trainer about what happened Tony had to take over and tell them because I just couldn't do it it was to upsetting going to take a while to get over this

The police are going to look at the CCTV footage to find this woman they have said if she was there once with her dog she will be there again so they are on the lookout for her

They are also going to contact the warden that was there helping me to see if he got any information

They are worried that this could be an aggressive dog and could attack again I have got to go out again in a bit with ziggy I am a little apprehensive about facing people at the moment but I know I have to do it it's like falling off a horse and getting back on again you have to do it

Edited by fabcakes

so sorryto hear this Fabcakes- I hope Ziggy and you are both OK? I am always so so careful around guide dogs, I know how easily they can be affected if an out of control dog makes a beeline for them and because my own rescue dobe Jesse can be over exhuberant, I just won't risk her being off the lead in public places. I wish others could be as sensible. grrrrr sending you healing (((hugs))) and hope this gets sorted.

so sorryto hear this Fabcakes- I hope Ziggy and you are both OK? I am always so so careful around guide dogs, I know how easily they can be affected if an out of control dog makes a beeline for them and because my own rescue dobe Jesse can be over exhuberant, I just won't risk her being off the lead in public places. I wish others could be as sensible. grrrrr sending you healing (((hugs))) and hope this gets sorted.

I can cope with people's dogs coming running up to her I have had that numerous times as long as the dogs not aggressive

And I get an apology from the owner

I don't really have a problem with it but this dog was clearly aggressive she didn't even know that her dog was a Japanese fighting dog she obviously had done no research on the breed at all and she clearly couldn't handle it and all she could say it wasn't her fault that's what upset me most of all she didn't even try to stop her dog attacking Ziggy

all she could say to my husband was stop kicking my dog and then we had a group of lads have a go at Tony for kicking the dog luckily enough for us there was an off duty police officer that helped but the group of lads was going to start on Tony it didn't matter about the dog aggressively attacking Ziggy

It very quickly I got out of control and could have been a lot worse if it hadn't of been for people Helping

but thanks to a lot of other people Helping it quickly got resolved

advancedskim

it was in Chesterfield town centre outside Witherspoons

Edited by fabcakes