Best place to buy euros

I'm flying to Tenerife in a few weeks and wondered if anyone had any thoughts as to wether it would work out better for me to get my euros here or get them over there

Post Office, good rate and immediately available upto a decent quantity. Make sure you bring ID (passport) when you get them.

As for getting them there: I wouldn't, you are liable to charges.

Eurochange in Meadowhall, order and buy online then collect in store, search for a discount code and that will give you a better rate, they do enhanced rates for buying certain amounts too. I've found they've always been a better rate than Post Office, M&S and travel agents

You'll get a better rate on Tenerife than here and I've never had to pay any extra charges. We always takes some Euros and Pounds with us and change the Pounds if we start to run out of money.

I never take Euros, much of the time I pay by card, also in Cyprus at seafront shops recently (April) I got 1.36 euros to the pound when the best I was offered in the UK Handsworth ASDA and elsewhere was 1.24 euros to the £.

One of the very best deals is the new Travelex Supercard launched in May. Unfortunately the 'pilot' is closed at the moment but it's worth registering your interest for the next batch.

This Supercard enables you to draw euros from ATMs without any transaction charges.I used mine in France last month and got €1-40+ on each transaction.

The card is linked to up to 5 of your Debit and Credit cards and you need a smart phone or iPad to set it up etc

There has to be a catch but I can't see what it is

Debenhams £1 = 1.4 also.

I find the cheque cashing places give by far the best rates

What's the exchange rate in Tenerife at the moment? I've tried to find out with no success

I can get 1.41 on the high st here but use my Nationwide credit card as much as poss,get around 1.42/43 on it.

I find the cheque cashing places give by far the best rates

Agree, always use these

When I got 1.36 in Cyprus that was the UK bank rate.