The Queen (God bless her)

I'm not convinced your argument is valid.

Your personal experience of the royals has been brief and necessarily limited. A biographer may never have met, say, Prince Charles, but I'd say he knows him a hell of a lot better than you do, having made a study of his life. And is VERY much more qualified to offer criticism on him than you are.

StarSparkle

If you heard, say, a friend of a friend speaking ill of you, would you not think that they'd probably not do so if they knew you, and think it out of order as they can't know the full story over whatever the issue is?

All I was trying to say was that, having met them, they're nice people. Some posters try to demonise them, out of what I can only perceive as crass jealousy, but it's hardly fair seeing as they do it based on what the gutter press puts in their minds. I'm certainly not a Royal expert, but I perhaps am compared to the people contributing negatively to the thread. I don’t think that our fellow Forum members have been very ‘tolerant’ over this; it is amusing considering my reputation for lack of tolerance that I’m subjected to a bit of flack for standing up for a minority!

The world is full of double standards.

No, but I am saying that if you have experience of a subject, you are able to comment from a more informed position.
We are not surprised that such an inbred hillbilly like bartfarst has made personal acquaintance with THE most inbred family in England. You are the company you keep.

Oh and in answer to your private message for 'peace' between us! As long as you make arrogant and ridiculous claims; as long as you think you are better than others on here; as long as you hold your stupid, ill-considered, right-wing point of view; as long as you see 'liberalism as a threat - I will destroy your very soul! If you want a truce do it in public you boring coward.

Re- the Queen - it's not her fault she was born into the most corrupt power dynasty in the world. It is her fault that she has maintained it and, therefore should be stopped!

here's to the republic

The gutter press did not put Charles affair with an old slag in anybodys mind it was his wife at the time , you know the one he used.

We are not surprised that such an inbred hillbilly like bartfarst has made personal acquaintance with THE most inbred family in England. You are the company you keep.

Oh and in answer to your private message for 'peace' between us! As long as you make arrogant and ridiculous claims; as long as you think you are better than others on here; as long as you hold your stupid, ill-considered, right-wing point of view; as long as you see 'liberalism as a threat - I will destroy your very soul! If you want a truce do it in public you boring coward.

Re- the Queen - it's not her fault she was born into the most corrupt power dynasty in the world. It is her fault that she has maintained it and, therefore should be stopped!

here's to the republic

Ok, if miniminch wants it in public, I PM'd him the following earlier today:

Look, I don't know why you've just taken it upon yourself to get nasty with me on threads, but how's about you keep it to sensible contributions rather than turning it into personal attacks?

It doesn't do the threads any good (which is why Tony has just had to shut one down -well done there), doesn't impress other Forum members and makes you look like a brainless prat.

Which I'm sure you're not, so why not just put in a sensible response?

Obviously, that makes me a boring coward. I mistakenly thought it might make me a reasonable individual who didn't want to contaminate the public threads with bitter personal attacks.

As for his latest rant, I didn't know that anybody alive was quite so misguided.

What a horribble thing to say.:suspect:

Her mother lived to be almost 102 and was active almost to the end. There is every reason to belive that HM will do something similar.

I hope so because that means she will outlive me at any rate.

This means that I will miss the debacle that will take place on deciding on who will follow her. if she does live another 20 years then the decision will not be Monarchy/Republic, but Monarchy/Republic/ Shira Law, at least I wont be here to see it thank God

I have the the greatest respect for Her Majesty. I sure she would love to retire, but she can't because of something a selfish uncle did when she was ten years old. And so she goes on, doing work far more strenuous and more tedious than most of us do.

The debate about who should follow her is a red herring. Charles will accede upon her death, should he still be alive. There is no constitutional provision for chosing the head of state. If that's what you want, fine. But be aware of the result: republic. More jobs for retired politicians and their cronies.