Flashgun for my camera

My camera is a canon 550D i am looking for a flashgun been looking on ebay at them but confused about all the features i have £100 to spend on it can somebody point me in right direction

Yongnuo 568 EX for Canon third of the price as the canon and has all the features excellent buy, never had a problem with mine , around£65 A REALLY GOOD BUY.

Yongnuo are just ok, not bad if you have a few and are using them off camera and you want to save money but if you want just one main flash you would be better getting the best you can afford, shame you cant go that bit further and get a Nissin, they are just better built and work better.

Also have a look on Harrison Cameras used accessories section, they have some very nice Canon units for around that price.

Edited by mickey finn

Probably not much better than your built in flash but maybe in a slightly better position to clear the end of mid sized lenses and stop it casting the crescent shaped shadow at the bottom of your pics, thats all you would get from this flash though, better buying a bigger more advanced unit.

Personally I would never buy a second hand flash, even one with 12 months warranty, the very nature of how they work and the longevity of the flash tube would always make me buy new.