Has the Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet re-stocked their fishing pond

Has the pond been restocked since it was drained last year to fix the wall ... And what kind of fish have they/ are they putting back in

If only there were a way of contacting them yourself http://www.simt.co.uk/contact-us and asking.

That would be a brilliant idea if the industrial hamlet had anything to do with the fishing pond ... I just thought I'd chuck the question out there ...???

It will be restocked in winter, Mark who owns Woodseats Angling may be able to give you more info regards what fish are being stocked.

Edited by DaveGas

I found this information on a pdf by the information of fisheries management (ISM). On this pdf (about half way down) the pond at Abbeydale and restocking gets mentioned.

'We developed a stocking plan for Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet, along with Sheffield Council and Peter Gribbon. Necessary repairs to the dam head meant it had to be drained and the fish removed. Crucian carp were the first species to be introduced from our fish farm at Calverton, and to protect them from cross breeding it has been agreed that no carp will be stocked into the fishery. Later in the year the Council will source further fish to get the fishery back up and running.'

http://www.ifm.org.uk/sites/default/files/page/Fisheries%20in%20Yorkshire%20May%202015.pdf

As you can see no direct contact details are given for Peter Gribbon but i guess he may work for the IFM? Or the EA?

At the bottom of the pdf it gives a contact for any further queries about any of the subjects covered. eg phone us on 03708 506 506 (Mon to Fri 8am to 8pm) or email [email protected]

That would be a brilliant idea if the industrial hamlet had anything to do with the fishing pond

Well your heading asks "Has the Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet re-stocked there fishing pond". Asuming that there should read their then you're first claiming that the Industrial Hamlet owns and stocks the pond and then that it has nothing to do with the pond.

I rang woodseats angling who do the day tockets for it a few weeks ago and they told me it wont be restocked until winter.

hi all is there any more up to date info about Abbeydale Hamlet pond being reopened

for fishing, thank you.

hi all is there any more up to date info about Abbeydale Hamlet pond being reopened

for fishing, thank you.

Seems like a call to Woodseats Angling might be the best option.

ive heard they wont be stocking it full stop as there not keeping the lease for it. might be rubbish but its come from 3 or more fisherman that come in the shop