The greatest threat to Israel?

Difficult to tell exactly but I'm sure its only a fraction of the $billions the Shah and his Pahlavi clan made. Under his regime corruption and also the drug trade, especially heroine was a good way to gain wealth. All that collapsed because of the revolution and was one reason why the revolution started in the first place.

Iran has a massive heroin problem now - you do realise that right???

Well they should plant more crops so more of them can go doolally.

Just seen on the news that an orthodox extremist has stabbed a load of people at a gay pride event.

The less religion a nation has the better.

Just seen on the news that an orthodox extremist has stabbed a load of people at a gay pride event.

The less religion a nation has the better.

And he did it before in 2005 - he'd just been let out.

And he did it before in 2005 - he'd just been let out.

3 weeks ago

hope he doesnt see the light of day again

Yes.. but..

I was talking about the heroin that was produced in Iran and sold to outsiders to profit the corrupt government and officials in the time of the Shah. Since the revolution home produced heroin has almost been eradicated because it now carries the death penalty. The heroin problem they have now is a result of heroin and opium that is imported and produced in Afghanistan, not Iran.

More proof of Israel hate with these extremists not satisfied in taking the land..want lives.:(

A one-and-a-half year-old Palestinian infant was burned to death and three of his family members were seriously wounded early Friday morning after a house was set on fire in the West Bank village of Douma, near Nablus.

According to witnesses, at roughly 4 A.M. Friday morning, two masked men arrived at two homes in the village of Douma, not far from the settlement of Migdalim. They sprayed painted graffiti reading "revenge" and "long live the Messiah" in Hebrew, breaking the windows of the homes and throwing two firebombs inside.

The Israel Defense Forces subsequently confirmed that 18-month-old Ali died in the attack, and that Jewish extremists are suspected to be behind the attack.

http://www.haaretz.com/1.668871

Hardly made the news..instead the world is crying over Cecil the Lion..

Thousands across Israel protest violence, incitement

Uncle of murdered 18-month-old Ali Saad Dawabsheh speaks at Rabin Square:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/israel/.premium-1.668933

"Flames have engulfed our country," President Reuven Rivlin said at the rally in Jerusalem's Zion Square. "Flames of violence, flames of hatred, flames of false, distorted and twisted beliefs. Flames which permit bloodshed in the name of the Torah, in the name of the law, in the name of morality, in the name of a love for the land of Israel. "

No answer to post #48 i notice.

Am I to assume that you now realise that what you said was not factually or historically accurate and that you have no further examples of the Israelis hitting soft targets?

As to the bold part. They've been offered a state on more than one occasion.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 06:10 ----------

They have the right to routinely deliberately target civilians?

The have the right to strap bombs to children?

This is the highly honourable Israeli people.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/31/us-israel-palestinians-idUSKCN0Q50AG20150731

Real decent democratic human beings arnt they? I dont see Palestinians as the innocent party but if they were given their own country there wouldnt be much fighting.

This is the highly honourable Israeli people.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/31/us-israel-palestinians-idUSKCN0Q50AG20150731

Real decent democratic human beings arnt they? I dont see Palestinians as the innocent party but if they were given their own country there wouldnt be much fighting.

Really? REALLY? Do you really think that? The same people that have vowed to destroy every single Israeli person?

I keep saying this but I will say it again. Israel has shown admiral restraint after over 60 years of constant attacks from Palestine. If they wanted to clear Palestine of Palestinians, they could do so in a matter of days. Meanwhile the Palestinians have used every weapon they could get their hands on to kill Israelis and revelled in doing so. There's no shades of grey here, the Israelis are the good guys, and the Palestinians the bad guys. Israel is the most free country in the middle-east, those that would want a fundamentalist Islamic country there instead are enemies of all that is good in the world, they surely wouldn't like to live in a country like that yet they are happy to condemn others to do so.

Really? REALLY? Do you really think that? The same people that have vowed to destroy every single Israeli person?

I keep saying this but I will say it again. Israel has shown admiral restraint after over 60 years of constant attacks from Palestine. If they wanted to clear Palestine of Palestinians, they could do so in a matter of days. Meanwhile the Palestinians have used every weapon they could get their hands on to kill Israelis and revelled in doing so. There's no shades of grey here, the Israelis are the good guys, and the Palestinians the bad guys. Israel is the most free country in the middle-east, those that would want a fundamentalist Islamic country there instead are enemies of all that is good in the world, they surely wouldn't like to live in a country like that yet they are happy to condemn others to do so.

You see Israel as the good guys who bomb hospitals and a UN school! Its a conflict both sides arnt exactly innocent.

Why cant you accept Palestinians should have their own state? Is it too much to ask?

If Israel is the good guys then I'm sure they will have no problem in granting statehood to the Palestinians. So why dont they? The Palestinians are fighting for having a country of their own.

Well said.

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 09:38 ----------

You see Israel as the good guys who bomb hospitals and a UN school! Its a conflict both sides arnt exactly innocent.

Why cant you accept Palestinians should have their own state? Is it too much to ask?

If Israel is the good guys then I'm sure they will have no problem in granting statehood to the Palestinians. So why dont they? The Palestinians are fighting for having a country of their own.

Nobody is denying that they should have a state.

They don't want a state. They want Israel.

This is so absurd. You talk like there has to be perfection on one side or there is automatically equivalence. That's absolute nonsense.

Edited by unbeliever