Fosters coaches dinnington

Very late, I know, but I have just stumbled across this thread and can tell you that the magazine 'BUSES EXTRA' Issue 60 dated August 1989 carried a 5-page article about Fosters of Dinnington with no less than 16 pictures. The personal recollections in this thread are priceless. Thank you all for posting.

Hello StuartW. I was born at North Anston in the early 1950's. Then moved to Thurcroft in the early 1960's. Fosters also had the Contract for Thurcroft Secondary School. The Coaches that fascinated some of us. Were the ones with the Tail Plains at the rear of them. All the best to you, Ivan of Kath2ivan.

Hello everyone.

I lived in North Anston until three years ago.

Was there for some years and remember the coaches , in particular the Wigmore coaches.

Many a winter morning, when the X five bus to Sheffield didn't turn up have I, and most of the queue, hot footed it on Falcon Way to catch''Wiggies,'' and I too remember the lady bus conductors.

I'm not an Xpat, but I am away from the environment I knew for such a long time.

Dear North Anston. Dinnington, Such memories .Thank you.

I agree Carmen. Dear North Anston. An old saying is. You can take the person out of the place. But you cannot necessarily take the place out of the person. I was born at North Anston. Actually, Mill Lane. From the age of 6. My parents moved to Thurcroft. I hated it. I went to North Anston School. The one at the bottom of the hill. Near the Railway line. I have often been back to visit. But never lived there again. All the best to you sunshine.