Derelict Hallam Towers..another thread for updates

Well I reckon it should be 're-developed as is, rather than demolished. It's surrounded by posh nimbys though who'll object to that.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I spent my first ever night in Sheffield in the hotel, when I came up for my interview at the University of Sheffield.

I get the feeling most of the buildings were bought when they needed extensive repair/renovation and the previous owner decided to move out.

I wouldn't be surprised if alot of the issue was getting planning permission to do anything to those buildings, especially as many are in the peak district national park and their planning council barely approve anything.

......especially by Doug Haigh local rumour has it!

If this useless Tory government's engineered house price boom continues then prices in the area will eventually be so high that it will be worthwhile for someone to develop the site.

---------- Post added 21-07-2015 at 09:35 ----------

Well I reckon it should be 're-developed as is, rather than demolished. It's surrounded by posh nimbys though who'll object to that.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Even posh nimbys don't want to live near an eyesore!

I wish there was some way of forcing them to sell

It's on the market, they did a deal last year to sell it but it fell through.

Anyway, it's no good wishing that the owner be forced to sell- as nobody seems to want to buy.

Anyway, it's no good wishing that the owner be forced to sell- as nobody seems to want to buy.

Apparently that's not true though?

From The Star:

Monday 26 January 2015

Agents trying to sell former hotel Hallam Tower in Broomhill say they are still in ‘detailed discussions with a number of developers’ - two months after a sale semed imminent.

Knight Frank said in November they hoped to announce a buyer “in the next two weeks.”

The white 12-storey building dates back to 1965.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/business-news/talks-has-sale-of-hallam-tower-stalled-1-7071611

And it's a bit more than two weeks since November 2014! Not so "imminent" after all.

Hence, despite AndrewC, nobody's buying.

And it's a bit more than two weeks since November 2014! Not so "imminent" after all.

Hence, despite AndrewC, nobody's buying.

Pardon?

nobody seems to want to buy

Apparently there are a few people who want to buy. Finalising the deal is another thing altogether.

Some people seem to think buying a large building or development site is as simple and straightforward as buying a bag of crisps.