Atheism the Belief

Well its called imagination ..

Imagination is more important than knowledge .. anyway if your waiting for some other people to show you the truth then you will be waiting along time

So the classic 'God of the gaps', we don't know, so magic did it?

well magic has a logical explanation

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 13:57 ----------

which in other words .. the big bang or whatever word you wanna use, happened coz it was meant to happen .. no other explanation is really needed ... It just happened and its traveling from start to finish then same thing will probably happen again .. maybe with the exact same results .. so see you in about 10 billion years Snailyboy maybe

Edited by Dyke

well magic has a logical explanation

---------- post added 19-07-2015 at 13:57 ----------

which in other words .. The big bang or whatever word you wanna use, happened coz it was meant to happen .. No other explanation is really needed ... It just happened and its traveling from start to finish then same thing will probably happen again .. Maybe with the exact same results .. So see you in about 10 billion years snailyboy maybe

e.v.i.d.e.n.c.e

Why? if it's already determined for you.

Tomorrow you are going to do something, what ever it is can't be changed, anything you do to try and change it will just result in you doing what was predetermined, but because you have no idea what it will be you can still look forward to tomorrow and hope its going to be a good day.

i will show you the evidence in 10 billion years time .. it will look some thing like this ...

''which in other words .. the big bang or whatever word you wanna use, happened coz it was meant to happen .. no other explanation is really needed ... It just happened and its traveling from start to finish then same thing will probably happen again .. maybe with the exact same results .. so see you in about 10 billion years Snailyboy maybe''

Atheism ..

The belief there was once absolutely nothing and nothing happened to the nothing until the nothing magically exploded (for no reason) creating everything and everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded everything magically rearranged itself (for no reason whatsoever), into self-replicating bits which then turned in to dinosaurs .. and they mock your beliefs !!

You appear to be very confused about what atheism is because what you've written here, that's not atheism.

Atheism ..

The belief there was once absolutely nothing and nothing happened to the nothing until the nothing magically exploded (for no reason) creating everything and everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded everything magically rearranged itself (for no reason whatsoever), into self-replicating bits which then turned in to dinosaurs .. and they mock your beliefs !!

Trust me Dyke, these threads pop up almost every week and with all due respect you won't change anyone's views on religion.

I suggest you'd be better spending your time going outside and enjoying the sunshine as opposed to arguing behind a laptop. This thread will last a month without no real outcome or purpose.

I don't even like the existence of the term. It implies that the default position is that we all should be believers but that there is an "opt-out" for people called "atheism.

To be strictly accurate, atheism is a complete lack of belief in God or gods.

An alternative to this which I think suits your view better is an absence of belief in God or gods.

Its Roman Scripture but before you look, you need to clam down .. The OP i wrote is not even my words, i just found it and posted it here and then quoted from the New Testament .. but yes i believe in God but why is it when someone says they believe in God, people automatically assume the God in the Bible .. No i don't believe the God in the bible, i believe in my own God, which i wrote earlier, i think of it as an invisible force, not the nonsense in, say the Old Testament ... and to that person who said do i believe the Earth to be only 4000 years old .. No i don't .. I believe it to be 5 billions years old like they say

I need to clam down do I? Are my words so threatening to you that I must be quiet? I must do what you say because.... what?

You are going to set a big bad sky pixie on me?

Please.

If you can refute my arguments - then please do so. Until then I'm happy and secure in my atheism.

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Well it started the big bang

How?

and everything that has happened since was meant to happen,

Really? We don't have free will?

it's all mapped out, for example,

Ever heard of someone called Werner Heisenberg?

Well its called imagination ..

Imagination is more important than knowledge .. anyway if your waiting for some other people to show you the truth then you will be waiting along time

The problem is when people start believing in things, just because they desire that those things be true. Doing so, is a form of self-deception. Perception of / inquiry in to, the nature of reality, should be brutal and honest, and pay no regard to your own personal desire; else it is little more than cognitive masturbation.

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 22:12 ----------

To be strictly accurate, atheism is a complete lack of belief in God or gods.

To me, atheism seems as futile as theism, because neither adequately answers the question, what is meant by 'god'? I believe it is (both in the minds of theists, and atheists alike), a somewhat nebulous, non-fleshed out, vague concept...

Edited by Waldo

Trust me Dyke, these threads pop up almost every week and with all due respect you won't change anyone's views on religion.

I suggest you'd be better spending your time going outside and enjoying the sunshine as opposed to arguing behind a laptop. This thread will last a month without no real outcome or purpose.

Totally agree, on all points. :)

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 22:23 ----------

Atheism isn't a belief. It's a lack of belief.

Sure. Using that definition, there are several distinct theological positions, all falling inside the atheism umbrella.

I was referring specifically to atheists who entertain active dis-belief in a (their own) concept of god.