Lindsay Ave Post Office Closed?

No idea but I think the one in Crookes was closed today too?

I drive past it daily and wondered the same thing as the shutters have been down all week.

I have been twice in the last week to pay some bills and it was closed, does anyone know if this is permanent?

That row of shops there were my local shops when I grew up on Deerlands Avenue in the eighties/early nineties.

A couple of years ago I went out of my way to drive through the area to have a look and was saddened to see the shops in such a state with shutters down and boarded up. They used to be thriving. There was a news agent, a Post Office, a chipshop, a butchers and a general grocer (John Scott) and a couple of other things. What went wrong? :confused:

That row of shops there were my local shops when I grew up on Deerlands Avenue in the eighties/early nineties.

A couple of years ago I went out of my way to drive through the area to have a look and was saddened to see the shops in such a state with shutters down and boarded up. They used to be thriving. There was a news agent, a Post Office, a chipshop, a butchers and a general grocer (John Scott) and a couple of other things. What went wrong? :confused:

John Scott turned into a miser and whinger, then promptly priced himself out of the market, I dont remember a chippy but I remember the Chinese (a quite good one too years ago) There is a quite busy Premier store there now which is MUCH MUCH more reasonable than Scotts ever was but, as you say the whole block is now very dilapidated and in need of some money being spent on it.

That seems to be the trend lately, take take take then when there is nothing left to take, just clear off and leave the area like a ghost town.

As Lindsay Ave is no longer listed on P.O. website safe to asume it`s closed for good