Pet (cat) exhumation

Our little cat was euthanized last year and my son wanted to bring her home for burial. I agreed although I wan't too happy about it, and I'm still not. Does anyone know of any service that will exhume and cremate?

You don't mention how long your little cat has been buried for? Time will determine how much of your beloved pet is left alongside what you buried her/him in?

Is it because you are moving that you wish to exhume? Or just a worry about foxes etc? If you are worried about the possibility of another animal digging there then I would suggest a tree or large plant over the top.

If your heart is truly set on exhumation then you could try emailing Sheffield Pet Crematorium at Hollow Meadows to ask if they can help? It may not be the first request they have had to carry this out. Failing that I would ask a trusted family member or friend to do this for you. Use a hand trowel not a garden spade and transfer the remains into a heavy duty plastic garden sack (maybe double this up) and seal with duct tape immediately.

Hope this helps

It says last year in the first line ?

Our little cat was euthanized last year and my son wanted to bring her home for burial. I agreed although I wan't too happy about it, and I'm still not. Does anyone know of any service that will exhume and cremate?

There wont be much to exhume now and there's nothing wrong with burying a cat in your garden , I bury all mine in the garden I find it comforting to know where they are

I really don't know what to do. We put a flagstone on top the grave to deter any animals, but the whole flagged area needs re-laying. I think I just don't feel the whole idea of burial is very comforting for me. It's been a year now and it still gets to me that she's buried in the garden. When my dog died I had the vet arrange cremation. Even though I still miss him I know he's gone, but my cat hasn't gone, she's still in the garden getting rained and snowed on, if you know what I mean. And if I do ever move houses I'd be leaving her behind.

I bury all my pets in the garden when they die. But they decompose in time so nothing is left. That doesn't upset me because I carry them with me for ever in my heart and in my head. Hope this helps you x