Flying ants days

Its Strange , haven't seen any yet here in Spain this year

Cant understand the point of them , when we do get them they just seem to land in the pool and drown , why ??

Talking of creepy crawly s haven't seen any earwigs for a few years , we used to get millions ! are they still about in the UK ?

Cheers Tony

Funny you should say that. I was thinking l havent seen an earwig for ages then there, was one under a plank of wood in my garden. How odd.

There were flying ants in our garden yesterday. ( Birdwell )

There were flying ants in our garden yesterday. ( Birdwell )

:huh: now renamed (antwell)

I haven’t noticed any ants here in Newcastle at the moment. They use to go in my mums house in Sheffield, horrible things.

I have got a very small front garden with two large lavender plants that has taken over the whole of the garden. They are in full bloom at the moment with an awful lot of bees trying to get the nectar. I don’t want to open my window in case the bees fly in.

My neighbour told me to sprinkle ant powder on the plants or fly spray, to discourage them, which I won’t as the bee population is in decline. Hopefully in another month there will be less of them, when they have had there fill of nectar.

same in Chapeltown Francypants

Had a very small emergence yesterday, nothing like the real thing though.

Flying ants S12, they have just emerged in last 15 minutes!