Bailiffs coming tomorrow

looks like the bailiffs has taken his computer as he hasnt been online today. poor donut. both people working and cant find £550. didnt their parent teach them to save for rainy day

Some of the holier than thou replies on this thread are disgusting. Really disgusting

OP, i genuinly hope you get it sorted in a positive way. If i had the money id help out in fact on opening another browser window and checking my bank i have 60 quid, ill split it with you. I know its not much but its the best i can do

Off at a bit of a tangent I know, but the subject of communication not being received was certainly involved in my particular case.

Moved house about 10 years ago, and courtesy of making a few bob on the house sale, decided to clear all debts at the same time.

My beloved had just received her credit card bill, and rather than pay the normal minimum/thereabouts payment, she paid the grand-or-whatever outstanding by cheque, and also enclosed a letter stating that she wanted the account closed.

Never had a response/acknowledgement, and a few days later, we left that address and moved to the new one.

It must've been a good year afterwards when we received a debt collector's letter, stating that there was an outstanding amount on the card, and what with fees being added, we ended up with an outstanding amount of circa £150.00.

They'd obviously tracked us down to the new address during the intervening period, but we'd had no prior notification of any debt. They may well have writen to the old address, but the new residents - who had, incidentally, got our new address - had for some reason decided not to inform us/forward them on. We'd also arranged with Royal Mail for any post to be forwarded to the new address, but think this was for a limited time - 3 months, maybe? - so presumably the card company hadn't written to us in that particular time period.

Off at a bit of a tangent I know, but the subject of communication not being received was certainly involved in my particular case.

Moved house about 10 years ago, and courtesy of making a few bob on the house sale, decided to clear all debts at the same time.

My beloved had just received her credit card bill, and rather than pay the normal minimum/thereabouts payment, she paid the grand-or-whatever outstanding by cheque, and also enclosed a letter stating that she wanted the account closed.

Never had a response/acknowledgement, and a few days later, we left that address and moved to the new one.

It must've been a good year afterwards when we received a debt collector's letter, stating that there was an outstanding amount on the card, and what with fees being added, we ended up with an outstanding amount of circa £150.00.

They'd obviously tracked us down to the new address during the intervening period, but we'd had no prior notification of any debt. They may well have writen to the old address, but the new residents - who had, incidentally, got our new address - had for some reason decided not to inform us/forward them on. We'd also arranged with Royal Mail for any post to be forwarded to the new address, but think this was for a limited time - 3 months, maybe? - so presumably the card company hadn't written to us in that particular time period.

You would have thought that you would have had a statement the next month showing what you still owed on the card..

, order a full on flanking .
you using rhyming slang again?

You would have thought that you would have had a statement the next month showing what you still owed on the card..

Perhaps did, but not forwarded by RM or new residents.

No accurate idea what happened...all I know is that we had to cough up!

Fines cause a lot of trouble. I recently got a £100 speeding ticket for doing 36mph in a 30mph zone. It was a Sunday afternoon, not much traffic, I didn't mean to do it, etc etc.

I had no choice but to pay it. (Actually I did the 'speed awareness' course but that cost £90) and it hurt.

A friend fought 2 parking tickets in court, and ended up having to pay £370+costs. Not sure the punishment fits the crime in some cases...but maybe that's just me...

I know it costs, but its not too much (£60 for the year), but when you move, always set up a Royal Mail redirect for the first six months at least. Don't expect the new owners to forward on your mail. And there's always one company, service or provider you forget to notify.

The last time I moved, despite notifying the council and water company and having confirmation, both sent threatening letters for non payment, despite being told that I'd moved.

Fines cause a lot of trouble.
That trouble is usually self-inflicted, however. Like e.g. speeding in a limited speed area, parking where one shouldn't or failing to pay (sufficient-) parking fees.

Fines cause a lot of trouble. ...
well, they are meant to penalise as a result of a transgression. I'd be surprised if the outcome was a reward to make life better

That trouble is usually self-inflicted, however. Like e.g. speeding in a limited speed area, parking where one shouldn't or failing to pay (sufficient-) parking fees.

err excuse me L00b, I poked a dig at you in post 59 which you seem to have ignored. I'm hoping you just missed it rather than decided to rise above it. Can you address this immediately please otherwise you waste peoples time. Thanks.

How much did this fine start out at when it was first issued ?

Obviously late payment and court fees etc. will have been added now bringing it to the current amount.

No answer ?